“History Well Kept!”

Ranked #103 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Pennsylvania
“History Well Kept!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

History well kept! I do not know about the other reviews but I have been coming to this hotel for many years. I make a trip once every year with a large group and always stay here. The staff is very friendly and nice and the rooms are clean. We love the grass and garden area they have by the pool especially in the summer time it is a great spot to sit at night. The place is very quiet as well. I always keep coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank yahoo8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Short version:
Uncomfortable room
Small bathroom with non-working shower
Cockroaches
Unapologetic staff
They never even let us know when check out time was, a lot of things were not communicated

The Copper Cactus Inn was the cheapest motel in Tucson. Now, I'm not usually squeamish about cheap motels. I know the drill, bring in my own blankets and soap and whatnot; but this place takes the cake. None of the reviews for this place, giving it a mediocre if not great-for-the-price rating, indicated the lo(oooo)w level of quality here.

Maybe the room wasn't carpeted because it was a smoking room (?) and maybe the guy we saw scoping out our van in the parking area at midnight was just a lost paper boy...Either way the bathroom was extremely small which gives one a good view of the cockroach circus crawling out of the sink drain.

The most frustrating part was the shower. Yes, even if my husband was able to put up with the low and awkward water pressure the drain refused to drain! The small 2" step down into the shower quickly filled as the drain refused to do its job and instead would have flooded the entire room.

We discovered this problem at around midnight and, as the owners didn't let us know how to get a hold of them, decided it was best to wait to talk to them about it in the morning and not go banging on doors in the middle of the night. This was extremely disappointing though because the entire reason we got a room in the first place was to shower after 2 long Weeks of hard work at the gem show.

The next morning the owners were everything but understanding or apologetic and refused to give even a partial refund for our two night stay. I will never give them my money again nor would I ever recommend anyone else to either.

Yuck.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank abbsugg
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 February 2012

When even Motel 6 was gouging everyone for $60+ a night for some stupid jem or rock show this place allowed me to get a room and even keep some of my hard earned money and only charged me $40 a night including taxes. Thanks for not robbing me!!

• Stayed February 2012