“HAD AN AWESOME STAY!”
Review of Copper Cactus Inn

Copper Cactus Inn
Ranked #117 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Upon arrival the front desk managers were great. They gave me great advice on restaurants and things to do in Downtown Tucson. Rooms were very quiet and kept clean considering the historic age of the hotel. The price of the room was perfect for the amount of service I received. Its a great place to stay for a weekend or even a night. Will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 March 2014

seriously, thus is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at (which includes the "pay by the hour" place I accidentally rented in Vegas)! first of all the neighborhood is shady, they lost my reservation, and there are bats on the window. stains on the bed, no ac, broken blinds, bugs, mold in the bathroom, broken toilet, no toiletpaper, and worst of all, the bathroom door was a mix match of plywood. not even an attempt to hide the fact it was broken. when we refused to stay there the management refused to come to the door or give me a refund, even though we checked in 5 minutes previous. Never again. you couldn't party me to stay there!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank cube60659
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel staff is very friendly and location is perfect to stay in Tucson. Since my last stay, the owners have done quite a lot of changes in the rooms by upgrading their furnitures and amenties they offer. Best of all, my price was practically the same since last. The area has done a lot of improvements as well and the U of A and Downtown has upgraded a lot. Will Stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank yahoo8
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Thank goodness for 2 star motels! The rooms at Copper Cactus come with a fridge and microwave! Be warned, this building is quite old, but for the most part well kept. Tucson is what is it, and old western town. My shower head did not work when I checked in, but they got it working immediately! Very Nice. The AC blows very, very, cold! What more could you ask for in a $30 dollar or less motel room? Suck it up, or go pay three times as much somewhere else AND continue to complain there too. LOL

Room Tip: (i was told) Rooms with kitchenettes are located in the inner circle driveway, if you book a room wi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ddsumo
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had made a reservation online with one of the major booking agencies. We asked for a room with 2 beds for 3 people. When we arrived they did not have one so they gave us 2 rooms for the original price quoted. The area was very quiet and in a safe neighborhood. This an older motel, but newly painted and very clean. The beds were queen size and comfortable, large showers. The only objection I had was not having coffee or tea in the rooms or the office, and there was none within walking distance. They offered good cable TV and good air conditioners.

Room Tip: Call ahead even if you book a room from another site.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CountryHarvestUSA
Reviewed 22 January 2013

The overall location wasn't so loud or terrible, however the pictures they have online definitely show something much more luxorious then they actually are. I'm going to say those photos are at least 10 yrs old! There was no coffee maker, no port for internet, no in room work desk! These were definitely apts turned into a motel. Our room smelled horrible, it was supposed to be a non smoking room however the room smelled of nothing but old cigarette smoke! The shower head was very low, my husband being 6 foot had a hard time showering. The decor and furniture must have been as old as the building. The kitchen was in horrible shape. Apparently this place is located right up the street from "Miracle Mile" which is where the hookers hang out. I just definitely wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, maybe except for someone who needs a cheap place to live...our neighboring room was occupied by someone who paod weekly to live there!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank gvkatiebug
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My business partner and I visit Tucson every year and we stayed at numerous motels. All we did was sleep there. The owners are very nice to us, and we would stay there again. For the people that do not like the place go some place else and pay 4 to 5 times more. We do not travel 3,000 miles to live in a motel room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends