We spent two nights at the Aloft. We took the advice of several other travelers and asked for a room on the parking lot side. It was better to view the trash dumpsters than hear the street noise. We were on the second floor away from the pool. The hotel was fairly empty and we requested a higher room but were told that there were none available. We suspect that they were doing this for the consolidating the housekeeping services. The room and bath area were large and very clean.
We also brought pillows based on others advice and suggest that if you like a flat pillow, to do the same. There are several places to eat just around the corner and we used them for our breakfasts.
The hotel has been totally renovated in the last year or so and seems European in style.
I can see that during a busy time, that noise might be a problem but we had no trouble. The residential area around the hotel is historic and worth walking around in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening April 2013, Aloft Tucson University is located right next to the University of Arizona campus and the University of Arizona Medical Center. If you're looking for things to do in Tucson the new Aloft Tucson University hotel is located right next to great shopping, dining and entertainment.Closed for renovation until 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Aloft Tucson University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points Tucson University Plaza Hotel Tucson
- 4 Points Tucson University Plaza
- Sheraton Tucson University Plaza
- Tucson Four Points
- Aloft Tucson University Arizona