“Visiting friend ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
San Diego
“Visiting friend ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Came this direction to watch a performance at the Rialto Theatre. For the price, this place really exceeds expectations. Rooms are super clean and spacious with a technological touch. Love the bar area and patio section as well. Fun vibe and the value is unbeatable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Preston S

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post an evaluation regarding your recent stay at the Aloft University Tucson. I'm sure you had a wonderful time at the Rialto theatre. It is a great attraction to visit here in Tucson. Also, thank you for recognizing our efforts in providing the finest in comfort and technology. Aloft is definitely the tech savvy brand. Thanks again. I hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Phil Forte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was in town looking for a venue for a fashion show and let me say...wow!!! I was very impressed! The Property is Gorgeous! Ian Wilson took care of me and made sure my stay was exceptional. He was very quick and to the point with booking the venue and i must say he gave some of the best service till this day. I am now a Starwood member because of the amount of travel I do in the area. Besides the service the W XYZ Bar is awesome, and runs a daily happy hour for $3 beers and $6 well mixed drinks which my partner and I took advantage of. All in all, this property is perfect. It’s right next to University of Arizona and in the heart of Tucson. Beds are comfy, rooms are modern and it’s definitely a place I will be returning to! The Director of Sales, Ian is great and made bookings for my Entertainment company simple. I Highly recommend this Hotel and look forward to hosting my event there in September.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello Sam G

Thank you for taking the time to write such a terrific review. I agree Ian Wilson does an outstanding job as the Director of Sales here at the Aloft University Tucson. I'm glad you had such a positive experience on your recent stay and also, happy that you've chosen our hotel for your event in September. We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring your event is executed in a first class manner.

Best,
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My girlfriend and I chose this hotel because of the location and because of the great reviews it got online. We were not disappointed. We were greeted by Ashley H. and Autumn when we arrived. They thanked us for staying with them and gave us a rundown of the immensities in the hotel. Ashley H. even told us if we call ahead we can lock in our current rate any time we visit.

The rooms were clean and beds were very soft. It was just the right amount of space for a couple to not be stepping over top each other. I was very happy to be on Speedway right by campus and so close to the nightlife. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Korey B

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you and your girlfriend had a good time here in Tucson and a terrific stay at the hotel. I will definitely recognize Autumn and Ashley for providing outstanding customer service and while I can't promise you will always get the same rate I can promise you will receive outstanding service and great accomodations..:)

Best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stay at the Aloft Tucson almost weekly for work and I have experienced extremely consistent customer service and quality of accommodations. The location is solid, the rooms are modern and comfortable and the staff is always friendly and goes out of there way to help. Marie Rubio consistently goes out of her way to help and assist me with anything that comes up while I'm Tucson.

Green Features: Seems to be solid. They offer extra starpoints if you don't have room cleaned daily
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hello Justin T
I wanted to thank you for your email response. I know it can be difficult traveling a lot so it is our goal to provide you the most comfortable stay possible. I appreciate you recognizing Marie. I agree she does an outstanding job! If there is ever anything I can do ensure that your stay at the Hotel is an outstanding one please contact or ask for me directly. Thank you again for choosing the Aloft University Tucson!

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

As a business traveler, it can be annoying being on the road and away from the comforts of home. Maria Rubio always helps me with reservations. She gave me her direct contact information so I can reach out to her to make accommodations. I frequently have changes and she helps me with ease. The hotel staff is always very helpful and friendly, especially Miss Marie.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Karina

It was great to meet you today! Thank you so much for continuing to choose the Aloft University Tucson as your Hotel of choice when visiting the Tucson area. Your loyalty and your feedback are very much appreciated. I agree 100%. Marie does a fantastic job of providing outstanding hospitality and I will make sure she is recognized within the hotel for her efforts. Thank you again for choosing the Aloft.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I brought my stepdaughter to do a new student campus tour. She will be starting U of A in the fall. We were intrigued by the idea of a "budget" W and especially because of the location, decided to stay at Aloft. I'm glad we did, and when I bring her back in June for Orientation, I'll stay here again. It was just a very easy, pleasant place to stay. The underground parking was convenient, the staff friendly, the room clean and well appointed. Breakfast was good and not unreasonably priced. And it was nice to get a $5 card toward food or drinks by opting not to get housekeeping one day. Ashley H. was the staff person who assisted us most and like everyone we spoke with, she was friendly and helpful. And like all the staff we met, she's a student at U of A, so we were able to get some questions about the campus answered. Aloft, by the way, is about a 15 minute walk from the Bookstore in the Student Union, where the tour started. It was an easy walk but something to consider in the heat.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DanaV66
Good afternoon Danav66
Thank you for taking the time to provide us a response on your recent visit to the Aloft University Tucson and more importantly, congratulations to you and your family on your daughter starting at the U of A in the Fall. It's a tremendous University. I will make sure to give special recogniton to Ashley and I'm glad to hear you had a great stay. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you at the hotel for the next 4 years!
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked this hotel for a conference. Lobby and rooms comfortable and clean. All the staff I encountered were amazing. I had a phone interview for my dream job while attending the conference, but I was experiencing phone issues. Chris from the front desk assured me he would find a solution while I was at the conference, and they did. They went out of the way to make sure I was relaxed and had a successful interview. This is one of the best business hotel stays I have had in years

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you Kevin R for taking the time to post your latest review for the Aloft Tucson University. Your feedback means a tremendous amount to us here at the Hotel. I will congratulate and thank Chris for being there to provide you the assistance you needed. I hope your interview went well and I hope you get that dream job!!!

Warm Regards,