“Looks can be deceiving”

Aloft Tucson University
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our initial impression of the Aloft Hotel was positive. It features a very modern look and a fun atmosphere. The lobby and rooms do not have that business hotel look. It looked like an upscale party scene.

Unfortunately, our experience was less positive. The rooms are clean but not comfortable. They show visible signs of abuse from one too many parties.

The beds were too hard and we woke up in pain. The shower heads spray a little water at a wide angle. It was hard to rinse off. There are just the bare minimum of towels, cups, and other essentials in the rooms. The noise from the street has loud all night.

Our room cost $160/night. At the price we paid for the room, we expected a lot better. We will not return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cjn60
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Good Afternoon Cjn60

On behalf of the Aloft and the staff I wanted to apologize that your stay was not an outstanding one. I appreciate you taking the time to provide me your feedback.
The hotel was 100% renovated just a year ago, so all the beds and bedding are new. I'm surprised to hear that you had an uncomfortable time sleeping, but I think sometimes mattresses can be a very personal preference. In regards to room amenities, we have someone available at all times to bring you additional towels, cups, soap or whatever you need. I apologize if we did not meet your expectation in this area.
I encourage you to call me directly if you would like to discuss your stay. I would definitely like to hear your feedback.

520-908-6800

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very chic, fresh, and simple. Close to everything - U of A campus, restaurants, and public transportation. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel - 6 pillows, a great view, very cool room set-up. Very affordable. Offers conveniences of a lobby convenience shop, bar, restaurant, computers, and billiards. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view so you won't end up with a parking lot view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

LisaTwoRivers2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your evaluation. I'm glad you had such a great experience on your recent stay. Hopefully, we will be welcoming you back to the Aloft University Tucson in the near future. Thank you also, for mentioning our Green program. It is a significant part of the Aloft brand we believe a very positive step in the right direction.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Came this direction to watch a performance at the Rialto Theatre. For the price, this place really exceeds expectations. Rooms are super clean and spacious with a technological touch. Love the bar area and patio section as well. Fun vibe and the value is unbeatable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Preston S

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post an evaluation regarding your recent stay at the Aloft University Tucson. I'm sure you had a wonderful time at the Rialto theatre. It is a great attraction to visit here in Tucson. Also, thank you for recognizing our efforts in providing the finest in comfort and technology. Aloft is definitely the tech savvy brand. Thanks again. I hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was in town looking for a venue for a fashion show and let me say...wow!!! I was very impressed! The Property is Gorgeous! Ian Wilson took care of me and made sure my stay was exceptional. He was very quick and to the point with booking the venue and i must say he gave some of the best service till this day. I am now a Starwood member because of the amount of travel I do in the area. Besides the service the W XYZ Bar is awesome, and runs a daily happy hour for $3 beers and $6 well mixed drinks which my partner and I took advantage of. All in all, this property is perfect. It’s right next to University of Arizona and in the heart of Tucson. Beds are comfy, rooms are modern and it’s definitely a place I will be returning to! The Director of Sales, Ian is great and made bookings for my Entertainment company simple. I Highly recommend this Hotel and look forward to hosting my event there in September.

Hello Sam G

Thank you for taking the time to write such a terrific review. I agree Ian Wilson does an outstanding job as the Director of Sales here at the Aloft University Tucson. I'm glad you had such a positive experience on your recent stay and also, happy that you've chosen our hotel for your event in September. We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring your event is executed in a first class manner.

Best,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My girlfriend and I chose this hotel because of the location and because of the great reviews it got online. We were not disappointed. We were greeted by Ashley H. and Autumn when we arrived. They thanked us for staying with them and gave us a rundown of the immensities in the hotel. Ashley H. even told us if we call ahead we can lock in our current rate any time we visit.

The rooms were clean and beds were very soft. It was just the right amount of space for a couple to not be stepping over top each other. I was very happy to be on Speedway right by campus and so close to the nightlife. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Korey B

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you and your girlfriend had a good time here in Tucson and a terrific stay at the hotel. I will definitely recognize Autumn and Ashley for providing outstanding customer service and while I can't promise you will always get the same rate I can promise you will receive outstanding service and great accomodations..:)

Best,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stay at the Aloft Tucson almost weekly for work and I have experienced extremely consistent customer service and quality of accommodations. The location is solid, the rooms are modern and comfortable and the staff is always friendly and goes out of there way to help. Marie Rubio consistently goes out of her way to help and assist me with anything that comes up while I'm Tucson.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello Justin T
I wanted to thank you for your email response. I know it can be difficult traveling a lot so it is our goal to provide you the most comfortable stay possible. I appreciate you recognizing Marie. I agree she does an outstanding job! If there is ever anything I can do ensure that your stay at the Hotel is an outstanding one please contact or ask for me directly. Thank you again for choosing the Aloft University Tucson!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

As a business traveler, it can be annoying being on the road and away from the comforts of home. Maria Rubio always helps me with reservations. She gave me her direct contact information so I can reach out to her to make accommodations. I frequently have changes and she helps me with ease. The hotel staff is always very helpful and friendly, especially Miss Marie.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Karina

It was great to meet you today! Thank you so much for continuing to choose the Aloft University Tucson as your Hotel of choice when visiting the Tucson area. Your loyalty and your feedback are very much appreciated. I agree 100%. Marie does a fantastic job of providing outstanding hospitality and I will make sure she is recognized within the hotel for her efforts. Thank you again for choosing the Aloft.