Aloft Tucson University
US$58
US$55
US$560
US$75
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$65
  • Pool
US$276
US$256
All reviewsunderground parkingbliss productswxyz barboston marketbagel shopbusy intersectionmodern designsmall poolspeedway blvdblackout curtainsmedical centernorth sideconvenient locationsliding doorwalk in showernice sizerooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Entire staff was very nice and professional. Rooms small,but clean and great view of the U of A. Easy in and out underground parking, for keeping the car cool The bar was great as well after a long day. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter. West side rooms facing Speedway are a bit more noisy, but not overbearing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

FatboyKH

Thanks for such a great review!! I definitely thank your for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent stay at the Aloft Tucson University. Also, I totally agree on the underground garage...I know my car is nice and cool at the end of the day!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were doing a college visit to the University of Arizona and chose the Aloft to stay overnight. It was a great hotel: clean, comfortable beds, and unique. We were a family of four and got a great rate for two rooms, we would return for sure. We liked the unique concept; modern, hip. Staff were great and very helpful with local recommendations.

Room Tip: We were on a higher floor, the 6th and we liked it. Convenient elevator straight from underground parking to your floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Lorocat

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Aloft Tucson University. It's been a tremendous week with all of the incoming students and families arriving here and ready to start the Fall semester at the U of A! I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope to see you throughout the next four years!
Go Cats!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Needed to find a place to take my girlfriend for her birthday, and this was by far the best decision! I haven't slept that great in a long time. Great experience for myself and my girlfriend. We are from tucson and to find a place this amazing in tucson was a great thing. Also for the price I couldn't have been more satisfied with my stay! Defiantly will be returning! The staff was amazing and very respectful.Thank you aloft for an amazing experience! And thank you for helping me make my girlfriends birthday memory she'll never forget!

Stayed: August 2014
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Gabriel E

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your review of the Aloft Tucson University. I am really glad you decided to choose to stay with us and even more glad that your girlfriend had a great birthday!!! Reading feedback like that really makes my day. I will be sure to share with the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your birthday!! Also, since you live in the Tucson area, please stop by our Wxyz bar anytime. There is always live music or something fun going on.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room and hotel was nice enough but definitely nowhere near what it was hyped up to be. I love Tucson or I would be quite a bit more annoyed. For the price of the room, I will certainly stay somewhere else next time. My main complaint is the extra $50 hold that they place on your credit card WITHOUT telling you. They just sneak it on there. It's been 10 days and the hold is still there. I've contacted customer service twice and have been lied to and given the "run around". They blame my bank and my bank blames them. I despise immoral business practices but if you don't mind them and you're ok with an ok hotel for an ok rate then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I do not recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask about hidden charges!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cody S
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Cody S

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your recent stay. The $50 incidental authorization is not a charge, but rather just a hold in case you have any charges posted to your room. You should have been informed. Our desk agents let every guest know why they are taking the authorization. Again, I apologize if it was not explained to you. If it is not used it always releases in roughly 24 hours. Please call me at the hotel if you are still experiencing problems with the hold and I will assist you.

520-908-6800

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This place was very nice and at a great rate. Has the industrial/loft theme going on and it's a really good look. Has a nice little bar by the lobby with a great big lounge with a pool table. Barringer and the front desk person were extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and modern. You definitely won't regret staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank brandonolynick

Brandonolynick

Thank you for such a great review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope that if you are back in the Tucson area you will choose to stay at the Aloft again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,