“I was happy with my stay. It's a pretty & comfortable place to relax”

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Ranked #77 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I was happy with my stay. It's a pretty & comfortable place to relax”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

The people at the front desk were very friendly & helpful. Maybe I was given a newly updated room because it was really clean and "fresh". My view wasn't great (see my pics) but it seems like if you are given a room from a different angle your view could be beautiful!

I had to walk really far back on the property to get to my room but maybe that's what you need to get away from the lounge area? I didn't hear any partying going on or loud music. The doors & walls do seem thin though because I could hear people talking in the halls & the slamming of other doors.

The pool area is so pretty with the fire pits going. Also, there is an area in the front lobby with free use of computers & printers. The lobby is modern & clean & there is a coffee shop for purchase of beverages etc.

I go to the hospital there so the location is convenient. I don't see what all the complaints are about. It doesn't say it's a 5 start hotel so for it's rating, I think it's a little above & beyond. I've only stayed there once so far but my experience was good.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BeatCancer
lilytucson, Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed a clean and fresh room, as well as our pool and fire pit area and the Link by Sheraton computer area. The hospital is definitely convenient to our location, and I hope we have the chance to host you again. Please feel free to contact us directly on any future stay regarding your preferences, and we will continue to do our best to tailor your stay to your needs. Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
mt vernon ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights & I bid on the hotel with pricelineHotel features that were great was 1. The pool area. We arrived on a Tuesday night & there was live jazz plus the patio/pool area had small fire pits that really created a tropical atmosphere. Very nice. 2. There is a bar/restaurant located right beside the pool which made it very convienent to receive a beverage/ snack. 3. Wonderful business area with several computers, printer, and work space. Our suite was spacious, mostly comfortable but I need to say that housekeeping could do a much better job. Our bathroom was not the cleanest ( I cleaned it with baby wipes upon arrival) but besides that beds were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
lilytucson, Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad you had the chance to enjoy our courtyard with the pool area, outdoor restaurant seating and firepits. We are very proud of this unique feature! I'm also glad you found The Link (our branded Sheraton business center) to be convenient and useful for all your needs. I'm sorry to hear that your expectations of cleanliness were not met upon arrival and hope you had the chance to reach out to the staff directly so we could followup and ensure a clean and comfortable stay as the majority of our guests experience. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
sierra vista
Reviewed 2 April 2011

This hotel seems to regularly book ear-splitting parties in their outdoor pool area. You can't get away from the pounding, blasting music that is pouring out of several loud speakers. In our hotel room we couldn't even hear our own TV because the music was soooooo LOUD from outside!!! Of course we weren't able to sleep with that going on! The hotel management regularly books this kind of event so obviously they don't care much about the comfort of their paying hotel guests!!! I know that now from reading other reveiws on other websites about this hotel from other unfortunate people who stayed at this place! I wish I had found those reveiws earlier!!! The hotel management at Tucson Sheraton Hotel doesn't even have the decency to give us a discount on our room after all that noise! This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Way too noisy to stay here!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stuff3
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you also were inconvenienced by the charity event at our hotel. Our management has certainly taken this into consideration and will do our best to better work around our other guests in the future as well. We do also have jazz nights a few nights a week which may be the regular events you are referring to, however we are careful to end these events by 9pm and try to maintain a reasonable volume for those guests who may not care for these events. Our jazz schedule is always available by calling the hotel directly. Hopefully we will be able to host you in the future on a non-event evening so that you can experience the peaceful oasis that we can also provide.
Santa Fe
Reviewed 2 April 2011

After a day of travelling my family and I needed a quiet place to relax and sleep for the night. What we found at this Sheraton hotel, was a LOUD, MUSIC-BLASTING PARTY literally right outside our hotel room door. The music was so loud that we couldn't even hear the TV inside our own room very well. No, it wasn't a party of rude hotel guests staying in a nearby room. It was a large fundraiser booked by the hotel management themselves. When I approached the hotel staff about this incident they outright lied to me saying that we had been notified about this fundraiser twice, prior to our arrival at the hotel. This was a complete lie.

Aside from the above issue, the room was attractive and clean, but had strange humming and banging noises coming from above us someplace which was quite loud and continued throughout out entire stay.

If you want to receive ringing ears and no rest then this is the place for you! But if you're like most travellers who want a peaceful, restful room for the night, then DON'T COME HERE!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the charity event that took place at our hotel during your stay. We did attempt to contact all our guests prior to arrival using the contact information provided on the reservations since this was an unusual event which is likely what the staff referred to, but it may be we did not have that information for your stay and I apologize if you did not receive the notice. We do understand that events like these may not always fit in with our guests' plans and always do our best to avoid inconveniences. I hope that you will be able to join us on a normal night in the future so you can experience the peaceful getaway our hotel usually provides.
eloy,arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2011

very good hotel,clean rooms, comfortable beds, kids loved the pool. only bad thing was couldn't sit outside in the balcony. too small

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you got the opportunity to experience our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and the pool area. We do have smaller step-out balconies attached to the rooms, however we do our best to make this up with our courtyard, pool and gazebo areas and hope this met your expectations. We look forward to having you back in the future!
Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed 25 March 2011

According to the claims on the website, this property just completed a major renovation. I can't imagine where 4 million $$ was spent. This Hotel was represented as a 3 1/2 star up-scale, but fell well below those standards. Our room came complete with dirty carpet, soiled duvet, someone else's shoes in a drawer, and door security hardware that was not secured to the door as if it had just been kicked in. The entire hotel is tired looking and not real clean. We did enjoy the jazz by the pool and the pool area was nice, but it's time to reevaluate this place. It's a 2 1/2 star at best. Another note, we booked through Priceline and thought we were getting a great rate ($70) until we got there. After letting Priceline know we were dissatisfied and the hotel was NOT as represented, Priceline said basically, "Sorry, here's $10". Won't bother with Priceline again.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WyomingPam
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that you did not feel that your stay met your expectations. I apologize if the information regarding our renovation was misleading as we were actually renovated a few years ago. The situation you describe is certainly not up to our normal housekeeping standards, and we will try to do a general followup to identify the issue. Should you have an opportunity to contact us directly and give us more information regarding your stay, we would appreciate the opportunity to address the retraining more directly. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Priceline was also dissatisfying. If you have the opportunity, we are currently running a 50% off sale till April 17th which mostly has rates even below what you paid on Priceline and we would love the chance to host you and do better. Please let us know when you return so we can make sure to meet your expectations. We look forward to the opportunity to have you back!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I am a road warrior for my job, and my first hotel chain of choice is Starwood. I enjoy their SPG frequent guest program over any other.
When I travel to Tucson for work, the Sheraton is my first choice of the 4 SPG properties. Mainly because of their price to quality to location to benefits vs. the other locations. The Sheraton seems to be centrally located to all the locations that I visit.
But on to the property....
Staff at check-in is always friendly. As a platinum SPG guest, I'm greeted w club lounge access during the weekdays (this is newer) and 2 drink tickets and complimentary breakfast on the weekend. (I MUCH prefer the comped breakfast on the wknd and drink tix -- my experience is the club lounge is that it's weak!)
Older property, but I think they do their best with it. I think all the rooms are suites - -so extra room for families and such. But also it seems like whenever I stay on the weekend they have a band playing out in the pool & fire pit area -- typically a younger college-age jazz band. They're great!
Bathrooms are smaller, with the tub/shower and toilet enclosed -- while the sink area is outside into the bedroom area.
I enjoy the larger work area with refrigerator.
I've never had any major concerns with the property. Sometimes the noise is louder, due to helicopters landing at a nearby hospital. But I've never heard music so loud I couldn't sleep.
Fitness center is small.
Again I choose this hotel in Tucson as the Westin is outdated and overprice and out of the way, the Four Points is bad conditions, and the airport SPG hotel is too far out of the way.
I would not rate this a 5 star, and I would never compare it to a Ritz Carlton or a St. Regis. It's a comfortable stay, in a convenient location. Nice jazz band.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank theworldtravelista
lilytucson, Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel! We are so glad to hear that we are your hotel of choice in Tucson, and I'm glad that you always feel welcomed. Our Club Lounge is definitely a newer initiative, and we would welcome your feedback on how we can continue to improve the experience over the coupon process. Please feel free to ask for the manager when you are in next so we can make sure to take your ideas into consideration. I'm glad you enjoy our entertainment at the hotel while still feeling that you can rest comfortably during the perfomances should you choose to. We look forward to having you back again soon, and thank you for your continued loyalty to Starwood!