“A Little Bump, but Overall a Good Experience”

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Ranked #78 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A Little Bump, but Overall a Good Experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Tucson while we were in town for a swim meet. We arrived quite early to check in and the staff graciously granted us an early check-in. We had booked the club floor in order to get breakfast, although we are SPG and it was my impression that SPG Gold should have been here without paying more, but the cost difference was insignificant. In their efforts to get us into a room they forgot to put us on the club floor, but when we inquired they kindly moved us immediately. The room was nice and had a mini-fridge and a microwave (which the other room didn't have.) During our stay the staff was extremely kind and helpful. Besides the small initial problem our stay was overall a good one. This is a good place to stay if you are in Tucson for business, but the Jazz they have is quite loud so I would recommend the club floor if you would like to avoid the noise. We didn't hear anything once inside.

Room Tip: to avoid noise stay on the 4th (club) floor
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
lilytucson, Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm sorry for the mixup in getting you into the right room type, but I'm glad the staff was accomodating in getting it corrected right away. Our club floor is definitely a great value, and the microwaves are a recent addition to that particular floor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We have stayed here several times and always return because we have such a nice stay. However, the hotel has recently started these jazz nights with blaring loud music poolside. I think most of the rooms are located around the pool courtyard so there seems to be no way to get around it. A big reason we stay here is for the suites, so our two young sons can sleep in one room and we sleep in the other. That way we don't have to turn off light and go to bed when the kids do! But our kids go to bed at 8 and the music was so loud we had to put them to bed in the same room we planned to sleep in. We couldn't even hear our own tv. The music went until 9. I can't believe the hotel would make the decision to be so insensitive to hotel guests trying to sleep. Thank goodness we didn't want or need to go to bed early! Oh and when we called the front desk we were put on hold so long we gave up and hung up! Unfortunately I don't think we are going to be able to stay here again as long as the music stays. I wouldn't recommend staying here with young kids that need to sleep early. Such a shame because otherwise it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MorkMom
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that after being a frequent guest with us, your last stay did not meet your expectations. We do have several different jazz musicians that play at our hotel a few nights a week, and we have been working on finding the perfect sound level that will both allow the guests who like the jazz to enjoy it, while not creating a nuisance to our other guests. I apologize that we don't seem to have been able to find that balance during your stay. I hope you will allow us to host you again as we continue to find that happy balance and also would encourage you to feel free to contact us in advance, as we are always happy to let our guests know which days of the week there will be a musician. Thank you for keeping us informed and we will continue to improve this situation!

Travellers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed here in a suite during a medical conference. The hotel, conference services, etc. were very accommodating. The medical group we were there with has lots of issues with food, smell, etc. sensitivities and they were very patient with our requests. Our suite was nice and comfortable. It was getting a little worried as we were driving to the hotel becase the surrounding area wasn't quite what I had pictured after seeing photos of hte hotel itself but as soon as I got inside the hotel it was what I had been expecting. It was very cool sitting at the fire pit near the pool at night making s'mores!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
lilytucson, Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed our accomodating staff and relaxing atmosphere and that we were able to meet your expectations within the hotel. I hope your conference was a great success and that we have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 18 May 2011

My wife and I stayed one night at the Sheraon Tucson Hotel and Suites and were pleasantly surprised. From the mixed reviews I was not expecting a lot and for sure this is not the Westin LaPaloma. The staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient and later that nght when we asked for directions to the Old Pueblo Grille they gave excellent directions.
We had a suite on the third floor facing Grant Ave which turned out to be a little noisy with an ambulance going by in the middle of the night. The hotel is near the Tuscon Medical Center so you might want to request a room not facing Grant Ave. The room was large with a seperate living room and bedroom, two flat screen TVs and free wireless internet. The bed was the SPG standard Sweet Sleeper which I have always found to be excellent.
The only downside is probably the location. It is not really near anything so a car is pretty much a must and there is nothing within walking distance. We did not use the pool or spa but they both looked well maintained and others seemed to be enjoying them. They also had a pingpong table which we thought was a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
lilytucson, Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our property overall and that our staff took great care of you. While we are not near some of the most popular attractions of Tucson, we do have several hidden gems near the hotel. If you're able to come back and visit us again, we'd love to help point out some of our closer exciting spots. I hope we will have the chance to host you again in the future, and thank you again for your review!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We had a terrible stay at this hotel. We booked the hotel via Priceline. We travel often to Tucson and we always use Priceline and have gotten good hotel but this one was the worst we have ever stayed at. Before we left we read all the reviews from fellow travelers and eventhough the reviews were mostly bad ones, we gave it a try but found out the the reviews are all true. The hotel is not a clean place, carpets are dirty, bathtub with black rim, etc etc.
We stayed there for three nights from May 24 to May 26. On May 25 we left the room at 11 am came back at 10 pm and the room was not done. Never have we stayed in a hotel and have the room not cleaned at all. We called the front desk and all they could say is sorry. Sorry is a popular word with this hotel as in all the response to the reviews the manager says it but apparently nothing is done. I asked for the manager and was told and she only goes there one day a week and was not available.They only brought towels and that was it for that night. The next day I personally left some crumbs in my bed and guess what, they were still there when we came back that night We stayed at room 130
but hope that next time we use Priceline they do not give us that hotel because really its very bad. We really feel that they should refund the rent for that night but the person at the front desk only kept saying SORRY.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel if your want a clean hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lourdes M
lilytucson, Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations. It sounds like you may have asked for me directly to address your problem, and it is indeed true that I have limited time on property, however our General Manager, Damen, is also available to assist our guests, as well as our Front Office Manager Brenda, and I hope you were able to connect with someone before you left. If not, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling the hotel and asking for one of these managers and we will do our best to resolve your dissatisfaction any way we can. If you would prefer to contact me directly, the hotel can provide you with my direct email address and I would be happy to speak with you. Thank you again for posting your review so we know where to improve!
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Only stayed one night for a business trip and once I arrived instantly wished I was staying longer. Came in late and the staff was exceptional. The room I stayed in was a suite and was very impressed with the quality of the room for the price point. In the morning I was able to walk out into the courtyard, which is a refreshing. My business partner stayed at another hotel, and the next morning he was jealous as I raved about my hotel stay here. Starbucks coffee available to purchase in the lobby. Great interior decor. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the suite. Highly recommend for the fellow road warrior. Would love to stay more than one day next time to take advantage of the amenities. Did not hear any loud music the night I was there.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad to hear that our staff treated you well and that you were able to enjoy the great value of our suites and the refreshing oasis that is our courtyard. We look forward to having you back again in the near future, and thank you for recommending us to your fellow road warriors.
Sterling, Kansas
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Booked online with a discount site. When we arrived they asked if we would like to upgrade for a small fee per night. I declined, but was given the upgrade anyway because I'm a member of their Rewards Program.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I'm glad we were able to give you the pleasure of enjoying one of our suites as a bonus on your stay! We appreciate your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and hope you'll stay with us again when you visit Tucson in the future!