Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsclub levelpool areastarbucks coffeerenovated roomliving areahotel restaurantup to datemini fridgeihoplobbygrantlaptoppoolside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2013

The title says it all. Should never need to go to the front desk after you pull the sheets back at any hotel. Should have stayed at the aloft by the airport I guess. The do have a cool pool and bar area to enjoy. I'll give them credit for that.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We're booked in here for 4 nights....had reservation for weeks. Room was not ready and mountain view was not as anticipated. SPG was reason for booking and this is the second year we visited this property.

Hotel is WAY more run down that we remember. Maintenance issues all over the room....small items, but big impression....hook broken off bathroom door, furniture missing nobs, lounge cocktail hour was less than impressive (note just came from a Sheraton in Albuquerque where all was top shelf), Breakfast was great if you like eggs...and eggs....and oh, the toaster was broken so it was a cold bagel....

I was tired and likely not a friendly guest arriving, but front desk forgot to mention our welcome gift, or did not inform us of any events on the property and only were able to point me to a brochure rack when I asked for local information.

Just NOT feeling the love.....I'll review again before I leave to be fair....but I'm still grumpy this morning because the medical center is outside our window and traffic, sirens, and NOISE was in full motion before 6 a.m. Husband went to get me a Starbucks to calm my anxiety and it was about half as strong as normal...........

Room Tip: Ask not to be on noise side.....hotel curves so not sure what is the good option, medical center side is NOT
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stay at the Sheraton Tucson frequently on business trips. This is not a luxury property, but it is high quality. They made some nice updates to the restaurant and bar a few years ago, but for me they tend to close a little too early. The gym is sufficient and the pool area is great. Being that I often arrive late in the evening, the best feature for me is that the hot tub is open and ready for use with no official closing time that I am aware of. The chicken quesadilla's at Fire & Spice are excellent. Peter at the front desk for the evening shift always greets me by name and gets me checked in quickly.

Also, but very important, the Sheraton Sweetsleeper beds at this hotel are very comfortable and I always sleep well here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed here because of the Starwood Guest Point loyalty program. If it weren't for that, then I may have considered another property. The property was clean and located in a convenient location and the staff was friendly at all points of contact. These qualities are very important to me when traveling for business. The rooms were spacious with comfortable beds. What surprised me was how rough around the edges the property was in general. Renovations are overdue from public spaces to guest rooms.

I stayed here because of the loyalty program Starwood Hotels has in place. If it weren't for that, then I would have considered other properties.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FlyingCapricorn
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Location is easy access to most places within Tucson area. Price is right for relatively large suites (with good sized fully separated bedroom). Good size living room with couch bed, matching chair, coffee table, office table & chairs, wet bar, bar fridge, and coffee maker.

Large pool area and very large spa/hot pool. Water in main pool usually nice and warm. Fire pits and seating make up outdoor lounge and frequently free live music on weekend evenings.

BUT... general maintenance is often not performed, causing minor inconveniences and definitely reducing the overall visual and livability appeal of the rooms. Some maintenance issues are similar from room to room and from visit to visit. (We stay frequently and have been in a large number of the rooms).

We still stay there, knowing what to expect, but management could really improve the place and the visitor experience with just a bit of general and consistent maintenance. (And this would move the rating from a 3 to a 5...or at least to a high 4)...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple