“We loved this hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Louis, MO
“We loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 10 April 2008

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Tucson. This was a great hotel, and it will definitely be my first choice for accomodations on return trips to Tucson. The hotel is conveniently located off of Oracle, and it was a quick trip down Orange Grove with access to I-10. We were concerned about getting around Tucson with the entrance and exit ramp closures on I-10 in Tucson, but the location of this hotel worked out perfectly. We had a two bedrooms and one bath room. This was great for our family as everyone had their own space. The bigger bedroom had a desk and TV in it. Both bedrooms had ceiling fans, a chest of drawers, closet, and nightstands. There was plenty of room to unpack. The kitchen had all the supplies you would need to cook including a microwave, stove, frig, dishwasher, dishes, pans, etc... The family room area had a fold out sofa, a recliner, TV, and table. The bathroom had a door between the sink area, and the toilet/shower area. Everything in the rooms was in good repair. We had breakfast every morning downstairs which was a really nice setup. They had breakfast bars, cereal, yogurt, fruit, donuts, bagels, juices, and coffee. It was plenty of food to get you going in the morning. As other reviews mentioned, the pool was right off of the main parking area. I went to the pool every afternoon, and I rarely saw anyone else there. It was a nice way to relax after a day of sightseeing. The hotel also has a laundry. We used the laundry facilites once, and it was very handy. It's right downstairs next to the breakfast area. A wash and dry cost $1 each, and they had a machine to sell you detergent and dryer sheets if you needed them. There were fresh hot cookies in the lobby every afternoon as well as coffee around the clock. There were 2 computers and a printer located in the lobby, and the front desk was very helpful offering up restaurant suggestions and directions. Overall, I loved having the 2 bedroom room layout, and I give this hotel two thumbs up!

• Liked — Having two separate bedrooms
  • Disliked — Not getting to stay longer!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank TheresiaMO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2008

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at TownePlace. It is located directly off of Oracle and was very convenient. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The bed was soft. Since it is designed for long stays, it was supplied with a refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, etc. It was definitely furnished well (and with quality appliances) and it felt like a little apartment. If you plan to make meals, the hotel even provides dishwashing liquid and detergent. There is a laundromat on the property. They serve a continental breakfast and it was very good! They had a great selection of individually wrapped pasteries and bagels, cereal, oatmeal, breakfast bars, and juices. There was a pool and even though I did not go to it, some kids were swimming and it looked like they were having a very fun time. I would stay at this hotel again; I was very pleased.

• Liked — Amenities
  • Disliked — Kids ran down the hall constantly and it was noisy, but nothing that was the hotel's fault.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank hvtrust
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights in October. The staff here are very friendly and helpful. Hotel is very clean & well maintained by staff. They were adding a breakfast sitting area while we were there & would defiinitely be completed by now.
This is a very good economical option - we paid $80/night so there is nothing we can complain about with this hotel. We had a 2 b/1 b unit. In addition to those rooms, there is a small kitchen and livingroom with tv and small dining area.
The location is good - you don't seem to be too far from anything.
The only thing I would caution - the pool is small and fronts the parking lot.

• Liked — Location, price and staff
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pignacious
Hermosillo, Mexico
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Loved the hotel, I have been staying here since it opened, I started staying here becuse I used to stay in the Hampton Inn and Suites that is next door but once I didn't find availability and they transferred me down tthere and fell in love with the hotel and since then I have been staying there. The regular price is from 139 dolars per night to 200 per night.

• Liked — The twobedroom suites
  • Disliked — There is no breakfas, just a continental. No wireless.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank mf3551
Michigan, USA
Reviewed 9 May 2006

I just returned from a five day stay at the Townplace Suites in Tucson. My wife and two kids loved the spaciousness of the two bedroom suite. There are two bedrooms, both separate from the main living area. We found this to be a great advantage as people could stay up late without distiburing those trying to sleep.

The staff was very attentive and friendly.

The location on the north side of Tucson, near the Catalina Mountains, was very convenient to all attractions.

In the morning, complimentary juice, coffee, newpaper, tea, fruit, bagels, and fruit bars were available. This provided a reasonable choice instead of having to go out everyday. Early evening, chocolate cookies were made on site.

We only cooked soup in the kitchen, but it is full size and stocked with all pots and utensiles.

The beds and linen were very comfortable.

This is not a resort. There are no elegant grounds or a super fancy lobby. This is a great alternative for anyone lookiing for clean, spacious room, at a reasonable price. Our 2 bedroom suite with kitchen was only $119 per night.

• Stayed May 2006
26 Thank Dbl_Diamond
Arizona
Reviewed 15 March 2006

I stayed here the night before my wedding because I needed the spaciousness and the refrigerator to keep my flowers alive for the big day. I also new I was going to have a lot of people in and out helping me get ready and getting ready themselves. I just had a one-bedroom suite, and it was the perfect size. I was so greatful for the kitchen though. After the wedding we ended up staying in the hotel for the night too because I had to rent it for two nights so I would have it for the day to get ready. It was a nice retreat after the wedding even. The staff was helpful whenever they were needed. The one thing that is somewhat nice and different is the check-in. It's not a big reception desk, rather a few desks which makes it a little more personable because you can sit down. The area of town for this hotel is also great, it is Northwest. It is 10 minutes from the freeway, about 15 minutes from downtown, and 15 minutes from Oro Valley. This hotel has ended up being one of our favorite hotels to stay in wherever we go.

• Stayed June 2004
21 Thank HRGArizona
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 October 2005

I spent 3 weeks at this property. The staff was friendly, suites are nicely appointed and very clean. I would recommend this property for long term stays in Tucson.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business