“Quiet and clean”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Quiet and clean”
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Checking in was routine, and the staff was a bit too relaxed each time I came to the front desk. I appreciate a little more formality. The property is new, very quiet, and my room had a nice view. The kitchenette was very adequate. I think it had everything you'd need except a can opener and corkscrew. Even had salt and pepper, which is a nice touch when you're cooking in your room. You are quite a ways from the center of the city here, and the freeway is perpetually under construction in Tucson, so be sure this is where you want to be. The beds, furniture, etc. were all very comfortable. My sense of the city is that this is the nicer, cleaner, safer side of town.

• Liked — Quiet and clean
  • Disliked — The name is hard to remember, so is the name of the road.
  • Stayed September 2008
3 Thank AZJOHN1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
IOWA
Reviewed 15 August 2008

My girlfriends (ages 30's - 40's) and I were on a 3 day get away before school started. This hotel was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Excellent customer service, very nice rooms, and very clean property in a quiet area. We had an early morning flight so we arrived in Tucson at 9:30am, when we got to the hotel which is only about 20-30 minutes away they put us in a room immediately, no waiting till 3:00pm for check in. They have 2 buildings.....one in the main building and then a seperate building. We were in the seperate building which was right by the pool. This hotel is convenient to most places (i.e. resturants, the mall, grocery stores, etc), considering everything is very spread out in Tuscon. We learned that you can find anything from 1st Ave. The hotel staff are great about giving you directions to where ever you want to go which was very helpful. They house keeping staff are very accomodating. They have an extensive continental breakfast as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet enjoyable vacation.

• Liked — The relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — There wasn't anything I didn't like!!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank amysblueiz
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 9 June 2008

My buddy and I did a five night visit to Tucson with great daily sightseeing. I always seek out 'more' than a small, plain hotel room. This hotel fit the bill for our visit.

Location: Awesome despite being found at the north edge of town (so great view of nearby mountains). The hotel is conveniently located 100ft off of Oracle, and it was a quick trip down Orange Grove with access to I-10. This was a boon since I-10 construction (2 yr project) kills many entrances BUT not Orange Grove. So easy access to the freeway system. Other great amenities:

*Full kitchen
*Nice (small) LR with DVD player and convertible sofa if needed
* Great housekeeping + cookie gifts
* Two BR suite awesome
* A/C plus when my buddy turned it off I was saved by their
BR CEILING FANS
* Separate toilet and bath/shower rooms.
* Nice pool (too small though) but not enough shade
* New pool furniture
* Free internet + free printing in Lobby
* Free breakfast though I enjoyed my own in-room breakfast
* Free Lobby fruit and great deluxe cookies
* Small but useful fitness room
* On site laundry
* Plenty of parking
* At least FIVE pillow per bed
* Extra TV (sans DVD) in larger BR
* Oracle location means tons of nearby stores, shops and 5 minutes to the Tucson Mall
* PRICE PRICE PRICE.... we paid $124 per night....GREAT.
* Four thumbs up
* SEE our PIX

• Liked — Amenities and price
  • Disliked — insufficient shade at pool and pool very small
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank WORLDROMER
Scotland
Reviewed 30 April 2008

we stayed here for 5 nights. We had booked a 1 bedroom apartment and were given a disabled apartment. Unfortunately there were waterproof covers on the mattress and the pillows and our first night was very uncomfortable as they made us far too hot. We spoke to reception the next day and they moved us to a 2 bed apartment at no extra cost.
The breakfast room is far too small. There is a safeway about 2 miles north on Oracle and we got breakfast supplies ther and did our own thing. The kitchen area in the apartment was very well equipped and it was good to have a dishwasher.
We would recommend the Japanes hibachi restaurant across the road, not cheap but good food, the mexican restaurant next to it was also good.
Sabino Canyon and Pima airforce base are worth a visit but Tombstone is a tourist trap, not worth the drive!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank inspiration08
Natick,Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 April 2008

My family stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the University of Arizona with our high school daughter.

This hotel is immaculate and very quiet. You never knew other people were staying there.

The beds and shower were great. The AC is relatively quiet and there are ceiling fans if you don't like AC.

The pool is nice but it is tiny, and next to the parking lot.

There's 2 computers in the lobby with printer and a very helpful staff.

The only problem with this hotel is the breakfast. The breakfast room is tiny...sits maybe 6 people...and the selection is skimpy. It is just cold with no hot items. We even went out for breakfast one day.

UA is a 15-20 minute drive and can be very trafficky. If we are going to visit UA again, I might stay closer to UA. Getting into downtown Tuscon is also 20 minutes and very confusing.

All in all, we loved this place and found it to be a great value.

• Liked — Immaculate
  • Disliked — The breakfast selection is thin and the breakfast room is tiny.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank RRSAMIC
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 10 April 2008

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Tucson. This was a great hotel, and it will definitely be my first choice for accomodations on return trips to Tucson. The hotel is conveniently located off of Oracle, and it was a quick trip down Orange Grove with access to I-10. We were concerned about getting around Tucson with the entrance and exit ramp closures on I-10 in Tucson, but the location of this hotel worked out perfectly. We had a two bedrooms and one bath room. This was great for our family as everyone had their own space. The bigger bedroom had a desk and TV in it. Both bedrooms had ceiling fans, a chest of drawers, closet, and nightstands. There was plenty of room to unpack. The kitchen had all the supplies you would need to cook including a microwave, stove, frig, dishwasher, dishes, pans, etc... The family room area had a fold out sofa, a recliner, TV, and table. The bathroom had a door between the sink area, and the toilet/shower area. Everything in the rooms was in good repair. We had breakfast every morning downstairs which was a really nice setup. They had breakfast bars, cereal, yogurt, fruit, donuts, bagels, juices, and coffee. It was plenty of food to get you going in the morning. As other reviews mentioned, the pool was right off of the main parking area. I went to the pool every afternoon, and I rarely saw anyone else there. It was a nice way to relax after a day of sightseeing. The hotel also has a laundry. We used the laundry facilites once, and it was very handy. It's right downstairs next to the breakfast area. A wash and dry cost $1 each, and they had a machine to sell you detergent and dryer sheets if you needed them. There were fresh hot cookies in the lobby every afternoon as well as coffee around the clock. There were 2 computers and a printer located in the lobby, and the front desk was very helpful offering up restaurant suggestions and directions. Overall, I loved having the 2 bedroom room layout, and I give this hotel two thumbs up!

• Liked — Having two separate bedrooms
  • Disliked — Not getting to stay longer!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank TheresiaMO
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2008

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at TownePlace. It is located directly off of Oracle and was very convenient. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The bed was soft. Since it is designed for long stays, it was supplied with a refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, etc. It was definitely furnished well (and with quality appliances) and it felt like a little apartment. If you plan to make meals, the hotel even provides dishwashing liquid and detergent. There is a laundromat on the property. They serve a continental breakfast and it was very good! They had a great selection of individually wrapped pasteries and bagels, cereal, oatmeal, breakfast bars, and juices. There was a pool and even though I did not go to it, some kids were swimming and it looked like they were having a very fun time. I would stay at this hotel again; I was very pleased.

• Liked — Amenities
  • Disliked — Kids ran down the hall constantly and it was noisy, but nothing that was the hotel's fault.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business