“True Value for Money”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am a frequent traveler to Arizona and decided to try Red Roof Inn for the first time. I found the check in staff to be both friendly and helpful and made me feel as if I was a premium guest.
My room was clean and spacious and work station was very good. My internet access was good and I was able to work in the quietness of this hotel.
There is no free continental breakfast but I never usually eat the breakfast offered anyway so this was not a miss- out for me. Laura was very helpful in making sure that my room made me feel at home

Room Tip: ask at the front desk they will be willing to match your particular preference with a given room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph H
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Joseph H,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our Inn! I hope you were able to enjoy the new Flat Panel Televisions we installed in March, guests are really enjoying them.

Also thank you for mentioning Laura by name. She will be pleased to hear she received her first mention on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to your return the next time your travels bring you to southern Arizona.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I think it is a bit unfortunate.... They are obviously trying to do a good job, and I admit that it is good value for the price, but there are still areas for improvement. The desk clerk in the evening was very attentive but the one in the morning refused to ackowledge that I was standing at the counter. While clearly a property with some age (dings in the walls, enamel chipped in the bath tub) I thought it seemed clean enough, until I dropped something and had to reach under the bed. Yuck. My personal pet peeve is finding the detritus of previous occupants under the bed. Lots of motels in this area - the details do count.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary541
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Tucson North. Thanks for noticing our commitment to improving our Inn. We do have some great improvements coming this year. I hope you will stop by and see us again next time your travels bring you to Tucson.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This was a holiday to enjoy Tucson and check out the parkinson's gym. This is an economic place to stay and you get what you pay for. Did they vacuum every day, I doubt it. The maids did clean up daily and our towels were always replaced. If you needed something you just had to ask for it. (like a hair dryer) We were on the southeast side but got used to the highway noise quickly. Our focus was mainly out on the beautiful mountains of Tucson and that we did enjoy thoroughly and want to come back. We used the laundry room and found the washer and dryer were very efficient for just $1.00 per load. We will consider going back and that says it all! C & R

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

We are very glad you enjoyed your Holiday in Tucson! It was great to see so many visitors from Canada returning to Tucson this year. Next time you can stay longer and take advantage of our great weekly rates!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a very clean, modern and convenient facility. The management and staff, especially Thea, are the best.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

William,

Thank you very much for your comments! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Toenail clippings next to the bed that the maid never cleaned up before I got there and never cleaned up in a weeks time. Dusty dirt all around the edges of the room, Bath towels the size of a wet wipes, Grease on the shower wall, Bedding so thin I had to double them up, Nasty dirty laundry room, Loose and badly sealed room door. Sandals are a must for wearing around the room. The review with the caption "going downhill" hits the nail on the head.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ben e
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Ben,

I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. Our Go Green service includes daily towels and trash service. Full Service of your room is available anytime by leaving the Go Green card on your pillow, or by notifying the Front Desk of your preference.

Please call me at your earliest convenience as I would be happy to discuss your stay and make it right. We look forward to your next stay when traveling to the Tucson area.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

The place is alright, although I'd suggest a room on the northesterly side of the hotel. Ours is on the southeast side and the highway noise, and especially the trains that go by on the other side of the highway from time to time (two in the short time I've been preparing this review), are too loud. The guy at the front desk is nice and helpful. The television needs fixed or replaced-- watchable, but there are lines across the upper part of the screen. The small refrigerator is a little noisy too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CaneRidgeJohnny
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Tucson North. The good news is we will have all brand new flat panel televisions in the entire property in April, 2012. We do have areas of the Hotel that are quieter than others, simply request a room on the West side of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Having stayed here several times over the past few years, I can say it is getting dirtier and is in need of a thorough deep cleaning. During this stay the common areas around elevators showed the spill of a soda that had not been cleaned up, elevator doors showed handprints that had been there for a while. Many smokers in the hotel-both guests and employees. If you just need a bed for the night the location is convenient but no reason to linger.

Room Tip: Stay in the west end as far away from train & I-10 noise at night.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve60831
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I understand it can be frustrating to experience smoke while traveling. Later in 2012, we will be a 100% smoke free property. We also have a “Hassle-Free Guarantee” Should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. If we cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, we don’t expect you to pay for that night. It’s what every stay should be, with our Hassle-Free Guarantee. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Tucson.