“I was expecting much better, I've stayed at many Red Roof Inns”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
El paso
“I was expecting much better, I've stayed at many Red Roof Inns”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Let me start off by saying that I try to make reservations at a Red Roof Inn wherever I'm going. I usually am pleased but not this time. This is the second time in a month that I've stayed at a Red Roof Inn that needs improvement. The last time was at one in San Antonio which was even worse. The room here was dirty. The comforter was stained (disgusting, I had my kids with me). We moved the bed just a little by accident and found all sorts of nastiness under there. The restroom sink was filthy, my wife cleaned it herself. And the toilet had a permanent $h!t stain that was there when we got there and didn't flush away. The shower tub is old and doesn't appear to have been replaced when they did their remodel. It is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel but the lingering stench of smoke is there. At least the staff was friendly. We were in room 330. The place looked much nicer on their website but in person was a real let-down. I think it's time for new management in the Red Roof chain. The other Red Roof Inn in Tucson looked even worse. I may start shopping around for a new hotel chain to frequent.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at a Red Roof Inn in Tucson. Unless you have low expectations.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rick R
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. We wish we could have addressed any concerns you had while at our hotel. Our guest service representatives are here for you 24 hours a day to assist you. If we are unable to make things right during your stay, we don't expect you to pay for your room night. Hopefully you can give us another opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to the Tucson area.

Dan & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The room was not worth the $47.00 we paid. Which is pretty pathetic considering that's a cheap room. I will never stay at a red roof in again. I would rather pull on the side of the road and sleep in my car. This room was dirty. The toilet was rusted. The shower pressure in the bathroom was way to strong. The bathroom door was ducktaped. The shower curtain was not large enough for the bathtub so water was pouring out. The towels were more hand towels than body towels. This was the worse room I have ever stayed in and we were only there for a few hours on our road trip. I will never stay at any of the franchise again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank 80COCA94
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
We are very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We only wish we would have been aware of any issues so we would be able to resolve them for you. We don't expect you to pay for your room if we are unable to resolve any issues during your stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Without being exceptional, we thought this place did everything reasonably well. Location, car park, receptionists, room, breakfast - it was all as good as we could have expected for the price. The air-conditioning coped fine with the 107 degrees sunshine outside. Although the hotel is close to main roads, we didn't experience any traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the positive feedback and will share the review with all of our staff. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Got through Tuscon traffic and arrived to a very nice room without a prior reservation (very big hotel and plenty of rooms) showed my Red Roof Card and all set got a great room and a comfy king bed - clean room with updated bath - great value - I now search Red Roof first for all my travel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our Inn! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be a great value. We look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We visited for my Son's COTA graduation with our granddaughters ages 3 and 4 yrs old.
After returning from the graduation ceremony at approx 3:30pm. Our room had not been serviced by housekeeping. I went to inquire at the front desk and was told they were short staffed. I told them that was unsatisfactory, they offered us another room, but had to move by ourselves.
When put in the new room the toilet backed up and there was no shower pressure. I was given a plunger and told to take care of the issues. Not the way I wanted to spend my weekend at a hotel I had paid money for to stay with two young children. I spoke with management and was told there was nothing more they could do.
I will not stay at anymore Red Roof Inns and will let others know of my less than satisfactory experience.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank chicagohood66
We are very sorry you experienced several problems during your stay with us. Please send me details of your stay and we would be happy to make this right for you!

i0244@redroof.com
Fort Worth
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. It was not a huge room and did not have a bible or writing paper but the staffs great customer service and the cleanliness more than made up for that. The flat screen TV was also a good thing because it took up little space. There were only about 6 or 7 channels to watch on the TV but that was OK as I only needed a clean bed to sleep in. Overall the hotel is a great deal and the room was very clean and every vending machine and ice machine worked well. The desk clerks and staff went out of their way to help everyone I saw while I was there and the coffee in the lobby was always hot. The area around the hotel was quiet and seemed like a safe area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our property! We hope you choose to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to the Tucson area!

(520) 744-8199
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When we booked the hotel, we were looking for a simple hotel where we could simply rest our heads for the night.

When my boyfriend and I had called, we were informed the hotel had been recently renovated.Judging from the pictures, we thought it looked very nice for staying overnight, we weren't asking for much. Whether or not it being a renovated hotel was actually true, there was no way to tell. The room looked very outdated compared to the pictures.

Some of the unappealing traits I found in the room was that our pillow cases had make-up stains, the comforter was in poor shape with holes in it, the hotel room had a strange odor, most of the black appliances had hand streaks all over them, and there were some red liquid stains that ran down the bathroom door.

For what we did like though:
We noticed the grounds were very well lit, they had security walking the halls which made us feel more comfortable and the service was very friendly! It was an easy check in and check out.

If they put just a bit more effort into the cleanliness of their rooms, I believe their customers would have a more pleasant stay. Until then, I am sad to say, I will not be returning. Good luck in your search!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback of our Inn. We appreciate hearing your comments which will help us to continue to improve our service and standards at our Inn. We look forward to your return in the near future!

I0244@redroof.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Best Western Gold Poppy Inn
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills
Baymont Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Tucson/Marana
Red Roof Inn Tucson South
Red Roof Inn Tucson South
#78 of 128 in Tucson

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana? Share your experiences!