“Thank you, Mandy!”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 17 February 2014

After a very negative review of the La Quinta up the road, I found a reason for a positive review. I found a wi-fi place and booked 4 nights at Red Roof Inn for a very reasonable rate. The TV, however, was not receiving HBO. Discovery, or anything but local channels. The desk agent, Mandy, found a problem with my cable box, and ordered it replaced (which was difficult, and delayed, because the maintenance company was in Phoenix). It took a couple of days, so Mandy touched base with her manager and gave me an upgraded room the next day. PLUS...she found me a room where I could practice in total privacy and not bother a soul. This lady went above & beyond, just as the La Quinta up the road did not. Thank you, Mandy, for making my stay far better than it began.

Room Tip: Always find enough time to get a wireless connection to one of the big boys in the hotel bargain bus...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your review of our property! Mandy will be glad to hear her superior service did not go unnoticed. Thank you again and please consider us once again when traveling to the Marana, az area.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Visited during.mineral show so not to many places to choose from. But it is clean and beds are comfortable. Location is not so.convenient if here for the mineral shows. But would stay again. No breakfast , only coffee. There is a Dennys right next door.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Inn! We appreciate the feedback and we will share your positive review with the team. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

the bed area may have been freshened, but the bathroom showed obvious signs of wear including chipped enamel on the tub. the floor tile in the lobby is cracked. hotel is also located near train tracks (train whistle in the night). no breakfast, no computer in lobby. wifi is slow.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are sorry to hear our property was not up to your expectations. We will consider your comments when planning our next update to the property. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have enjoyed staying at the North Tucson Red Roof Inn three times since last July. Mandy was always so friendly and helpful to numerous People...At the same time. She should be complemented on her great personality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our Inn. We are very happy to hear that Mandy was friendly and helpful to you during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit when you are in the Marana, az area!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I found a room for $40.49 a night on the Red Roof Site. It was only 5 miles from my event site. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up to the front of the hotel. It looked pretty good on the outside. Then I checked in with Mandy who was great and must have read my mind. I had asked for an upper floor room when I made the request online. She already had the 4th floor (top) room at the far west end for me. I got to the room and was glad to see the view of the west mountains. It was the quietest room I've ever stayed in.

Also, hotel coffee is usually not that good but this one was okay and there is a Starbuck's across the road which I went to the next morning. Great!

Sure you can find some things wrong with this Red Roof but for the price you pay it is definitely worth it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan1313
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for reviewing our Inn and mentioning the great service from Mandy!. It is feedback like yours that motivates us to continue to work hard and keep improving our services even more. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were looking for a quick stop on a long road trip and this fit the bill. There's nothing special about the hotel, but it's right off the highway and not far from some decent restaurants and a movie theater. The rooms were not very nice- needs updating. The rooms were also noisy. Customer service was OK. The hotel felt safe.

There is some nickel and diming going on with a "safe" fee. It didn't affect us since we didn't book directly through the hotel (I didn't realize this until it was explained to me), but they will automatically charge you something like $1.50 for using the safe that's already in your room. You have to ask them to take off the charge if you don't use the safe. It's a confusing and a seemingly unnecessary policy.

Overall, I'd say it's a 2 star hotel, but I bumped it up to 3 stars because it is convenient.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevator- very noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding our property. We will use your comments to help improve our property. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We had 3 weeks here. They have no breakfast but Denny's nearby gives I believe 20% off with key. Mandy and rest of staff were great hosts. Almost felt like home before we left. The room was nice n big with even a large corner computer desk. Had small problem of refrig not being clean but Mandy had that fixed in a few minutes. Morning person needs a kick start but can be friendly when she wants. Wonderful property for Red Roof ! Would recommend n return in a heartbeat.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property and staff. We appreciate the feedback and we will share your comments with the entire staff. We are especially happy to hear our staff members were great hosts especially Mandy. Thank you again and we look forward to your return!