I stayed here in February 2011 and at the time I did not give it a good review. Issues at that time included a poorly maintained room with a "dorm room" feel and a very poor sleep caused by traffic and train noise. However, for another overnight stay in Tucson, I decided to see if things improved in the last 3 years.
The bad news: the traffic and train noise are still there, though I was able to sleep better this time. I didn't mention the bedding before, but I think the pillows were more comfortable this time, and it helped.
The good news is that the room was remodeled to somewhat match the new corporate decor, though the management of this hotel still opted to keep the 80's "dorm room" furniture. I have stayed in other Red Roofs which have updated their furniture as well. The carpet was changed sometime in the last 3 years and there is a flat screen TV as well (but standard definition programming).
I am now a CPAP user and I appreciate this property (and that of other Red Roofs) adding easy-to-access outlets next to the bed, though this one only has these on one side of the bed. No more having to pull furniture out just to find an outlet, or having to make a choice between a CPAP, clock radio, or a bedside lamp due to a lack of outlets.
The room was clean except for the window sill, which looked like it had not been vacuumed in some time. This room didn't have crumbling drywall around the HVAC like my last room, but there is a spot above the shower that needs repair. Also, there is a rusty area around the drain.
I will recommend this property this time, with the caveat that if you are a light sleeper, you may have difficulty falling asleep due to the noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, AZ is a pet friendly, family friendly hotel. Just off I-10, this hotel is near Tucson Intl Airport (TUS), Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Airport (PHX). This hotel is close to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson Raceway Park, Tucson Rodeo, Omni Tucson National Golf Resort, Breakers Waterpark and Greyhound Park, Tucson Mall, Foothills Mall, Tucson National Golf Club and Canyon Arthur Pack Golf Course. Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana offers free WiFi, an outdoor heated pool, coin laundry facilities, Interior corridors, elevators, roll-in showers and connecting rooms. When you check in, check out the fantastic new amenities in our newly renovated rooms! The rooms at this 100% Smoke Free inn feature new, comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, new high-end bedding, new flooring, and a large, flat-screen TV. "On Command Video" with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games are also available. Experience our complimentary coffeehouse-style coffee and tea in the lobby. One well behaved pet is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Tucson North Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana Arizona