“Great!”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Great customer service from Mandy, great room with a great price!
Helpful hints, Denny's Restaurant within walking distance, let them know that you are staying at the Red Rood Inn and they will give you a 10% discount.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for your review and mentioning Mandy. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return. Thank you for sharing your tips and don't forget to sign up for our Redicard rewards program to earn free nights!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here in February 2011 and at the time I did not give it a good review. Issues at that time included a poorly maintained room with a "dorm room" feel and a very poor sleep caused by traffic and train noise. However, for another overnight stay in Tucson, I decided to see if things improved in the last 3 years.

The bad news: the traffic and train noise are still there, though I was able to sleep better this time. I didn't mention the bedding before, but I think the pillows were more comfortable this time, and it helped.

The good news is that the room was remodeled to somewhat match the new corporate decor, though the management of this hotel still opted to keep the 80's "dorm room" furniture. I have stayed in other Red Roofs which have updated their furniture as well. The carpet was changed sometime in the last 3 years and there is a flat screen TV as well (but standard definition programming).

I am now a CPAP user and I appreciate this property (and that of other Red Roofs) adding easy-to-access outlets next to the bed, though this one only has these on one side of the bed. No more having to pull furniture out just to find an outlet, or having to make a choice between a CPAP, clock radio, or a bedside lamp due to a lack of outlets.

The room was clean except for the window sill, which looked like it had not been vacuumed in some time. This room didn't have crumbling drywall around the HVAC like my last room, but there is a spot above the shower that needs repair. Also, there is a rusty area around the drain.

I will recommend this property this time, with the caveat that if you are a light sleeper, you may have difficulty falling asleep due to the noise.

Room Tip: Don't get an low even numbered room, as these are closest to the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your return visit to Red Roof Inn Tucson North. We are happy to hear your stay was better than your previous stay. We are constantly working to improve our property and service and hope you can say we improved once again with your next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

After a very negative review of the La Quinta up the road, I found a reason for a positive review. I found a wi-fi place and booked 4 nights at Red Roof Inn for a very reasonable rate. The TV, however, was not receiving HBO. Discovery, or anything but local channels. The desk agent, Mandy, found a problem with my cable box, and ordered it replaced (which was difficult, and delayed, because the maintenance company was in Phoenix). It took a couple of days, so Mandy touched base with her manager and gave me an upgraded room the next day. PLUS...she found me a room where I could practice in total privacy and not bother a soul. This lady went above & beyond, just as the La Quinta up the road did not. Thank you, Mandy, for making my stay far better than it began.

Room Tip: Always find enough time to get a wireless connection to one of the big boys in the hotel bargain bus...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your review of our property! Mandy will be glad to hear her superior service did not go unnoticed. Thank you again and please consider us once again when traveling to the Marana, az area.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Visited during.mineral show so not to many places to choose from. But it is clean and beds are comfortable. Location is not so.convenient if here for the mineral shows. But would stay again. No breakfast , only coffee. There is a Dennys right next door.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Inn! We appreciate the feedback and we will share your positive review with the team. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

the bed area may have been freshened, but the bathroom showed obvious signs of wear including chipped enamel on the tub. the floor tile in the lobby is cracked. hotel is also located near train tracks (train whistle in the night). no breakfast, no computer in lobby. wifi is slow.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are sorry to hear our property was not up to your expectations. We will consider your comments when planning our next update to the property. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have enjoyed staying at the North Tucson Red Roof Inn three times since last July. Mandy was always so friendly and helpful to numerous People...At the same time. She should be complemented on her great personality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our Inn. We are very happy to hear that Mandy was friendly and helpful to you during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit when you are in the Marana, az area!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I found a room for $40.49 a night on the Red Roof Site. It was only 5 miles from my event site. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up to the front of the hotel. It looked pretty good on the outside. Then I checked in with Mandy who was great and must have read my mind. I had asked for an upper floor room when I made the request online. She already had the 4th floor (top) room at the far west end for me. I got to the room and was glad to see the view of the west mountains. It was the quietest room I've ever stayed in.

Also, hotel coffee is usually not that good but this one was okay and there is a Starbuck's across the road which I went to the next morning. Great!

Sure you can find some things wrong with this Red Roof but for the price you pay it is definitely worth it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan1313
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for reviewing our Inn and mentioning the great service from Mandy!. It is feedback like yours that motivates us to continue to work hard and keep improving our services even more. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!