“Renovated and clean. overall good value”
Review of Studio 6 Tucson

Studio 6 Tucson
Ranked #73 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms with kitchenette. 2 burner stove, microwave, and a mini fridge. they provide plates, utensils, and cookware. there are ice trays in the freezer. The hotel has an apartment feel. Feel free to bring your bbq pit!

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank prissy4710

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The motel is isolated between two RV dealers and I-10. You must drive about a mile to get food or any other services. It felt safe with no questionable activity in the parking lot. Contractors with trucks are here for extended stays, but I also saw several families using the pool. My nonsmoking room was very clean with no smoke odor. TV was OK - no HD but basic cable channels came in well. The fridge and microwave worked fine. Noise from other rooms was not a problem and the shower had plenty of hot water each morning. At $40 a night it's a good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Motel 6's Studio 6, #6002, on S Outlet Center Dr in Tucson has a very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. We rate it 4 instead of 5 due to dingy towels (though clean!) and weak tv signal which made the picture snowy (tried tightening the cables but it didn't help).

Room Tip: Choose a room on the front side if possible. Little noise from interstate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie C
Reviewed 2 October 2013

As others mentioned it looks renovated. Rooms have a kitchenette with a small refrigerator, a microwave oven, small stove.
The area: there wasn't much food within walking distance. There were a few fast food places within 1.5 miles or so.
Bed was okay but only had one thin blanket. Also the wifi internet connection was slow most of the time.
In my room the toilet kept running water noisily every 5 minutes to fill up. The front desk said that someone would fix it but they never did.
Also my room was close to the pool. Sometimes kids would play in the pool in the morning making noise which woke me up as I tried to sleep in late.
Also when I returned to my room in the evenings, the room had a slight smell of stale smoke. I think smoke entered through the ventilation system from another room. I turned the fan on and left the front door open for a while to get clean air in the room.
So there were a number of small things that bothered me. Those things probably would not happen if I stayed in a more expensive hotel like a Holiday Inn Express or higher. If I had to chose between this Studio 6 and an Extended Stay America which offers similar accommodations, I would chose an Extended Stay America. That's just my personal preference.

The Bottom Line: So if you wake up early every morning, and a low price is your most important factor, you might not mind staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank phoenixdude1000
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A redone (Motel 6) With the hardwood floors, and new décor. Had a kitchenette and coffee maker. If I was staying a long time this is where I would go. Great pool area, heated too. The front desk staff was very accommodating. And a reasonable rate $52.00 and A $25 deposit

Room Tip: An "interior" room, facing the pool; less noise from the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Aerovergalineas
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stay at Motel 6 as my business keeps me on the road but I must say that this Studio 6 here in Tucson is Great! nice rooms with full kitchens, hard wood floors, flat screen TV. The staff are professional and could not be any nicer. The GM Salvador has a great Place and I give this Hotel a 10+ . Erika and Adrian have made us feel welcome and I would recommend this Hotel.
the only draw back it's hard to find but once you find it no problem. I am in the Hotel Business and worked for Hilton in the past so if I give a Hotel a 10 then it's a 10....

Steve

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven L
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Great rooms!!! Excellent Staff and management You will not be disappointed I would have given them 6 rating if they had a continental breakfast. Safe and secure place well lighted.
Great pool area and laundry facility. Well maintained and looks just remodeled.

Room Tip: All good rooms!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business