“Beware, you might not sleep”
Review of Comfort Inn Tucson

Comfort Inn Tucson
Ranked #73 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Beware... You might not get any sleep!!!

I recently checked into this hotel while attending the Tucson Mineral Show with a reasonable expectation of a decent nights sleep. I didnt get one. Instead I was kept awake until well after 2 AM because of a some extremely loud music from a nearby club or event. Even with earplugs and a pillow over my head the music was blasting!!!

I called the Tucson PD, and they could not help saying last call at the bars was at 2:00 AM. I also complained to the front desk having the clerk call the PD. He complied to no avail and explained that other guests were complaining. He also told me that the loud music had happened previously!!!.

Finally at about 2:15, the band called it a night, and I was then treated to the sounds of the couple upstairs engaging in some late night fun. Very thin walls.. I felt like I was there!! Yikes

Aside from being deprived of a decent nights sleep, I have two problems with this hotel.. First, they did not offer me any warning of the potential noise issue, and second, I have had no response to an my email and voice messages to the general manager. Shame on Comfort Inn, they will never get my business again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HotF209
Glenda M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I am sorry to hear the loud music kept you up, unfortunately this is a problem that the hotel can not control. As the front desk clerk noted the loud music has been a disturbance in the past and even the authorities can not do much for us since that venue is conducting its normal business. I do apologize for not notifying you of the concert going on this weekend, however, we do not have a calendar of their events and they are not required to provided that to us, therefore we did not know of this beforehand. I also apologize for failing to get back to you sooner, however, I had quite a few people to get back to in regards to the same complaint and those were all finished yesterday evening, so I am positive we have already spoken.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Checked into the Comfort Inn after originally having reservations at the Clarion..Big Mistake to even think of Clarion.,
Rocco the night audit guy was great and very courteous and helpful..other members of the staff just didn't seem all that happy to be there but with the exception of Rocco and the other young man who worked the mid-shift.
Rooms were very roomy and very clean. Housekeeping did a great job maintaining the rooms.
BIG THANKS TO COMFORT INN TUCSON FOR HELPING US SAVE OUR TRIP FROM DISASTER.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nihongo888
Glenda M, Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your positive comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Although I am sorry to hear that other members of the staff did not seem happy to be there. I will make sure we take immediate action so that all of our employees leave our guests with the same impression as Rocco and Nelsean did. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Recently spend two nights here recently while attending a festival. Very clean, very accommodating staff. Plenty of shops and eateries close by. Great value, though an underwhelming breakfast. Will absolutely stay here again next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your positive comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is just off the I-10 freeway with a Holiday Inn Express and Super 8 on each side. This was the original Holiday Inn Express before the new one was built. Checkin was good, room was real comfortable. Everything worked in the room, adequate lighting and plenty of electrical outlets. Nice selection of satellite tv stations. Breakfast was good with a hot assortment of eggs, sausage, bacon to go with the standard waffles, yogurt, and pastries. This is a great deal for under $75/night total. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 October 2013

In my business travel I recently discovered this Comfort Inn in Tucson. For Comfort Inn fans, this place lives up to the Comfort Inn standards. Looking forward to staying there again and again.

I saw a few negative reviews commenting on the pool and I cannot say anything about any hotel pools ever, since I never swim.

It is right next to Del Taco and "I Hop". Two convienence stores next door as well. One being "Quick Trip" which has any snack food and beer you want.

The rooms are clean, well maintained, have deluxe showers, and great beds to sleep like a baby.

It's a 1 minute drive from the freeway, which is great. However, the return to the freeway can be a little tricky, since you have to make a left hand turn on a busy street (Grant Road) that has very little traffic breaks. You will have to gun it on the accelerator.

Parking is plentiful and a very short walk to all entrances. I love that.

Area seems to be a very safe with little chance of anyone breaking into your car. I left my gps unit attached to my windshield overnight.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. I am happy to hear all the positive comments in your review as they will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Needed a place stay for a quick overnight. This hotel is situated among 4 other hotels, 3 of which were pricier. We paid $75 taxes inc. which I thought was decent. Good hot breakfast comparable to a Best Western Plus. Clean rooms. Very close to Del Taco & IHOP, ordering distance from several pizza places. Good location just off the I-10.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The motel itself appears to look nice. The room was adequate and seemed to fairly clean. It was very hot when we arrived so I decided to go for a swim. Went to the pool and was very disappointed. The water was milky and smelled. There was trash and a beach towel laying on the bottom of the pool. Also appeared to be a lot of dirt at the bottom of the pool. I mentioned this to the person at the front desk and she could of cared less.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Glenda M, Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I apologize that you encountered our pool in those conditions, unfortunately Tucson is in the middle of monsoon season and that can have an impact on our pool with the recent high winds, dust and rain storms. This is in no way an excuse and we will continue to do our best to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.