“Excellent hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Tucson Airport
Ranked #70 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great customer service and very comfortable beds! There is a shuttle driver Nick that will take where you need to go and is quite delightful! This hotel had very good customer service and a great breakfast to boot! I can highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I think any room would be good!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jackie P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to respond to our on line survey. We do pride ourselves in guest services and you are so right about Nick je is truly a keeper. Have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We often stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels because of the consistency of the brand. We usually find these hotels to be kept up well, quiet, and the staff pleasant. This was not the case for this HI Express. We had 2 nights free due to points earned, and were treated as second class citizens upon check in. The walls were thin, and our room preferences were not accommodated, even though it appeared that the hotel was not fully booked since we checked in later. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jackie P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We want to thank you for your comments as they always help in improving our guest services. We are very sorry that your felt like we did not want you to stay with us. We always welcome IHG reward members with open arms. We were to start a renovation project during your stay and had many rooms out of order to which we are very sorry that this had cause an inconvenience for you. More then that is you were not informed of this, which tells me training needs to come into effect. I thank you for helping me know this as I am not on property 24 hours a day and do not see all, I see alll through your eyes and without your comments they can not be fixed. I truly hope you will consider staying with us again to see that training has been completed and your stay as you would have liked it to be. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stay at Holiday Inn's all the time and we've stayed at this particular one before due to the convenience of being close to the airport and being able to leave your car at the hotel. Check in went smooth, our room was nice (as always) & check out was great! We left to the airport at 3:15 AM and the elderly lady working the front desk was pleasant and helpful, wish I would have gotten her name. She called an outside company to come get us to take us to the airport since the Holiday Inn shuttle don’t run that early in the morning. Our return on the other hand, not so good. We grabbed our bags, called the holiday Inn for pick up and the desk clerk, Gabby, told me that the driver was running behind and it was going to be a while before we were picked up. Mind you, they’re only 2 minutes from the airport. I asked her what “a while meant” and she said about 25 to 30 minutes, are you kidding me! So at 9:45 PM, after an all day flying trip, we’re exhausted and needing a ride to the hotel to retrieve our car. My husband called back to ask the same question and again Gabby informed him the driver was running behind. After some back and forth, she said she would contact the driver and see if he could stop to get us first before he went to do whatever else he was going to do. I was not happy with how the pickup was handled nor have I ever had any issues like that before. We may give them another chance, if not, we’re also Marriot members and may give them a try.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We want to let you know how sorry we are for the hiccup you experience at our property. We try our best to ensure everyone has a comfortable ride to and from the airport. At the time you had called to be picked up a crew from an airline called just prior to you and for your safety and comfort we try not to over crowd our van. The situation was not a good one and could have been explained better to you so we are very sorry for the inconvenience you felt with our front desk agent. Your comments help us with training and guest services so we thank you so much and hope you will decide to choose us for your next stay in Tucson. Have a wonderful day.
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This particular Holiday Inn Express was adequate but we had difficulty getting the room to cool down. The beds are only doubles so not big enough for 2 people to sleep comfortably. Pillows were way to big/fat. It was good for one night but would have been a problem for a longer period of time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Annette R,

Thank you for your recent stay. As always, we are glad to read reviews from valued guests, like you. I am very sorry that the bed size and air conditioning system in your room did not make for a pleasurable stay. We have taken note of these concerns so we can focus on improving guest satisfaction for your next stay or for future guests. We look forward to serving you again when you return to Tucson.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
BRISBANE,AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for a week again while the Tucson Gem Show was on.
Nice place to stay. Near airport but room was quiet.
Free breakfast is very good.
Staff are very friendly.
Kept promising cookies but they never appeared.

Room Tip: A 3 storey Hotel with lifts.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed one night prior to an early airport departure. This is a good basic HIE, competitively priced for the neighborhood. The king suite was a nice size and clean, this is just an older hotel so don't go and expect a Crown Plaza. Just minutes from the airport, the main reason we stayed here, the staff checked us in and out without issue. Would I stay here again - you bet.

Room Tip: Pick a king suite, worth it to have the extra room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I've been staying in Holiday In Express hotels for many years. I've never had a problem with these hotels and normally I love them. I've never stayed at this one in Tucson until last week. I spent 2 days there while in town for business. The staff was very rude when you could even find them. I just had back surgery so I was really looking forward to the heated jacuzzi. Needless to say the jacuzzi was disgusting with dirt, leaves, debris and algae. See photo below, look at the difference in color between the gross jacuzzi and pool. I couldn't even get into the pool area because the door was broken so even a relaxing swim was out. The room was fair at best. The refrigerator didn't work, the pillows were tiny and not enough of them. I went to housekeeping myself and got 2 more. The shelf by the coffee pot was all broken and the towels were old and very rough. Normally I'm happy to pay extra to stay in this chain of hotels but this time I would have been better off in a Motel 6 for $39.99 VERY disappointed and definitely would not recommend. I will say this, other Holiday Inn Express hotels are not like this so don't avoid all of them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M