“Great Place to Stay Near the Airport”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I could not find any fault in this hotel. It is not the Ritz, but, you are not paying for the Ritz. The stay were very helpful and friendly. I will stay here on our next visit to Tucson.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for the wonderful response! We loved being your host and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was actually very surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly staff. I was worried that because I was looking for one of the less expensive hotels in the area that there had to be something wrong with the place, but my assumptions were completely wrong! We had no problems staying here, the place was clean, staff was welcoming, breakfast buffet provided some good variety. I would definitely reccommend staying here. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor! Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice hotel, clean and comfortable. Loved the free bottled water in the lobby. Breakfast was good as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I will be staying with this chain more often in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

We thank you so much for your kind words and look forward to seeing again in the future!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed three nights in a decent-sized room with a very comfortable king bed and two comfortable chairs. (I would have preferred a small sofa.) There was adequate storage space and an old-fashioned TV. The old-fashioned wall AC unit caused us to get up several times in the night to make adjustments. Our room caught the full sun in the morning, and though there were sun-blocking curtains, I found myself wishing for sheer curtains underneath to let in some light. The sink area was in the bathroom, and there was plenty of counter space. The showerhead was good but water backed up in the tub. We were not bothered by airport noise. The good extended continental breakfast included some healthy choices, such as cooked oatmeal. But the hotel ran out of some items in the three days we stayed there. This hotel's location is not very appealing, and there are few restaurants in the immediate vicinity--mainly fast food. One night we enjoyed the buffet at Casino del Sol to the west on Valencia Road, with a discount for age 50+. We would probably not stay at this hotel again but find a better location.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
lpavlik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for choosing your Country Inn & Suites as your home away from home. We are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and mostly enjoyable. I do however apologize for the challenges that you have faced during your visit and I have personally addressed each and every item you listed on your feedback. We look forward to beating your expectations on your next visit!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I'll start by saying my company booked me at another hotel (Which was, in actual fact, a motel.) and it was scary, dirty and to say it was run down might be an understatement. I immediately called Country Inn and they said they had rooms. The next night I was relieved to find a homey, clean, fresh atmosphere, not to mention wonderful staff. Heather was the name of the woman at the front desk who I spoke with and made reservations with. She was awesome! I did spend the first night at Motel Creep Out, so when I arrived here, I was so relaxed after working a hard day that I thought I was in heaven.

The room was tastefully decorated with cream to butter color walls, with one darker wall where the bed was. The crutains were made of a crisp cotton in a Burberry plaid. I hate to say "plaid" because it sounds so dated...but it's not a busy plaid. The headboard on the bed was a dark wood in a traditional style, as was the other furniture. The whole decor is tastefully traditional; not heavy and over done. Believe it or not, I also noticed the sliding closet doors; they were heavy and solid, unlike the creepy place which were hollow, flimsy, dirty, and plastic feeling.

The bathroom seemed newly done with great tile floors that looked like travertine and there were granite counters on top of a dark wood vanity. The sink was gleaming white and the towels were soft, fluffy and white.The stylish, crisp, white shower curtain was on an arched shower rod. My room was peaceful and had a beautiful view of the mountains.

I had to stay four nights and I am so grateful for the Country Inn. They came to my rescue. I highly recommend this Inn for a comfortable place to stay while on business or pleasure. Thanks Country Inn. You're the best!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are more peaceful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites by Carlson as your home away from home!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Had a really nice time at the hotel, the staff was very friendly, and accommodating for of our needs. The location was outstanding, minutes from the airport, 20 minutes from the Sonora Desert Museum and the Sonora National Park, as well as close to town. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. There was a delicious breakfast, and the staff woman who was there, always made sure the food trays were full and that the areas were cleaned in order to maintain a nice atmosphere. A plus: chocolate chip cookies are baked on the premise, 24/7, and complimentary . Would stay again, and highly recommend to all.
carol and george

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
lpavlik, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Requested a quiet room and got a ground floor room on the back side. Never heard a single airplane. Began to wonder if the airport was operating. Guests all around us were considerate - no door slamming, stomping nor loud talking in the hallway! A/C was quiet, bed and bedding was great, towels showing their age, Hot breakfast was only lukewarm. Skipped it the second day and only had a mini muffin and coffee. Staff was very friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Ground floor on the back side worked for us.