We booked this hotel for our last night in Tucson because it received some good reviews and it is close to the airport. Also, breakfast started at 5 AM and I had an early flight, so we thought it would be perfect.
First the good: it was clean.
Now for the bad. When we first got there, a group of people were smoking and drinking beer outside of the front entrance. I'm not a prude and have no issues with people relaxing in front of the hotel, but the cloud of smoke was unbearable and they were blocking the pathway into the entrance.
This is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, yet the whole third floor reeked of smoke. So, we asked to change floors. My husband said the person at the desk was not happy about having to give us another room, and they never sent anyone up to check on the smoke.
The room was clean enough, but the bed was uncomfortable (especially compared to the the other hotels that we stayed at before this one). There was a small dog howling from another room. I felt so bad, I wanted to hug him/her.
The pool and hot tub were closed off with yellow police/construction tape.
Only continental breakfast is served at 5; the hot breakfast is served at 6. It is buffet style, and I like the fact they use real, non-disposable plates and silverware, which is much better for the environment than the styrofoam and plastic stuff you have to throw away. Unfortunately, the food was not good. The yogurt tasted bad and the French toast tasted stale. In the end, I had a bowl of cereal. Neither of us felt very well after that. Then, lucky for us, we had to endure a long plane ride home.
We would have left after smelling the smoke on the third floor, but we paid online, so we couldn't cancel without losing our money. Maybe we hit it on a bad night, but I won't stay here again. I really wouldn't recommend this place, especially when there are so many other hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our convenient hotel near Tucson International Airport with its prime location near numerous local attractions, this is the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers alike. We are ideally situated near the University of Arizona just a short drive from downtown Tucson. Rates include a full hot breakfast buffet, free TUS Airport shuttle service, complimentary high-speed wireless internet access, an outdoor pool and spa,a business and fitness center, a Read It and Return library, and freshly baked cookies and coffee all day long. Our convenient location combined with our warm hospitality and inviting atmosphere make us the perfect place to stay in Tucson. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport Arizona