“Plain and Simple but Clean, Comfy, and Friendly!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Tucson Airport

Baymont Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Louisiana
“Plain and Simple but Clean, Comfy, and Friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Very basic limited service property, with upgraded amenities. This property is a limited service inexpensive property that tried to be more. They offer a business center with free computer, free airport shuttle on demand, great breakfast buffet, cookies at check in, and an evening reception. The front desk staff was super friendly, and the hotel was very clean. Rooms were simple but spacious and clean. I had a 5 45 am flight, so the hotel breakfast host (which got there at 4 15-had breakfast ready at 4 30 and then took me to the airport at 4 45). The ride to the airport is literally 3 minutes. One of the friendliest hotel staff encounters I have had in a while! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Graysville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Arrived at hotel checked in was given a card key to get into the business center which did not work. Had to go and get someone to let me in. I was trying to check in for my flight the next day on there computer which was the slowest in the world. When I finally got there and printed my boardingpass the printer was out of ink. One of the office ladies heard me ask for ink and she printed for me.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Roseville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

This is so close to the Tucson Airport, you could almost walk there. However, there is not much around except other hotels - no restaurants, grocery stores, etc. nearby. Which made this Monday night stay worth it was that on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights they have FREE appetizers , beer and wine for Marriott Rewards members. This night it was Buffalo Wild Wings, and yes they have a beer tap in there. The rooms are average - Fairfield is the low end pricing of the Marriott hotels, and you get just the basics - clean room, comfortable bed, very average/small pool area and workout room. Not a bad place for an overnight but not much more.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Although I'm a Marriott guy, I'm not a big Fairfield fan, although you can always expect decent, clean accomodations. This was a one night stay, close to the airport and it worked. Nothing fancy, just a comfy bed and a good breakfast, which is what I got, and I was satisfied. The hotel also provides a shuttle, which is really convenient, although you could walk if it's not 150 degrees outside! It's just that close!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank romadaro
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Fairfield Inn Tuscon is in the middle of an area of a very competitive hospitality zone with a couple dozen hotels conveniently located near the Tuscon airport (which has become one of my favorite airports...after flying in and out once..it is very pleasant ..love the stress free and laid back atmosphere)..okay..back to the Fairfield TUS Airport..I had a one night stay..The common areas and my King room were both very clean..and breakfast was simple but fine...but I have had more and better variety at other Fairfields...(I would also recommend the mgmt consider a later ending time to breakfast service)...This is just plain bizarre..There is a business center...I needed to print my boarding pass..but my room key would not open the door...I went to the front desk and the desk clerk told me that you needed a key card he programmed and gave me with the stern warning that "it would only work once"...I have never seen anything so strange,inconvenient and inhospitable with a hotel business center in all my travels....Hotel has a small pool with some deck chairs which I used..but the jacuuzi had water in it but was posted as "out of order"...Fitness room is small but adequate..Wi-fi was fine..but my biggest room issue here was the satellite TV..I mentioned to the clerk at check out..channels bleeding together..some burn in of Fairfield Inn logo on the television..(if this is an ongoing issue it needs addressing)..One last important point..This hotel seems to me to prioritize the airline crews that stay there..I realize that check in is 3 p.m...but when I arrived at 2:15 p.m on a very quiet Sunday...the front desk clerk had no clean rooms available and was not sure how long it would be..but airline crew members are still coming in and getting rooms..I waited about 10 minutes and she had a clean room which again I appreciated..I have no problem with a hotel giving priority to airline crew..but as a Marriott Silver guest who had made my reservation a couple weeks prior to my stay with "early check in requested" which is a standard part of my reservation profile on Marriott.com which I always book through for Marriott stays..I did not feel like a high priority..I used Express Checkout with folio on door in a.m...Kudos for getting that done well for the busy traveler...I see some great reviews on T.A.for this hotel..so take my opinions as just one perspective..but...all things considered..I would recommend if you want a hotel in the Marriott family..for a few dollars more you can stay at the Towneplace Suites Airport a few blocks away..which I also stayed at last week and have reviewed here..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sun2fun20
Abington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 night stay while on vacation in Arizona and I enjoyed my time there. The staff was friendly and my room was clean and comfortable. I was traveling alone and felt comfortable being there by myself. The breakfast area was kept clean and there was the usual free breakfast spread of bagels, toast, muffins, yogurt, waffles, sausage, eggs, etc and it tasted good to me. My only hiccup was my original room key did not work, but they front desk clerk was very nice and friendly and got me a new that worked immediately. My only small complaint is that my bill was hung on my door and not slipped under it. I would be preferred it under the door so no one else could see it or possibly take it for some reason. I also read another review that said there was a $2 charge for keeping your car there. I was not charged, however I did notice a $2 bed charge on my bill, which seemed a little odd to me. Otherwise it was a nice stay at a good price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Kentucky, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I chose the Fairfield Inn Tucson Airport because I needed an overnight stop on my way to Grand Canyon and wanted to spend the bare minimum of my Marriott points (the Courtyard Hotel half a block away was 15,000 points, this was 10,000). My expectations were low, but this hotel easily exceeded them.

Although it is right next to the airport (would be a perfect jumping off point if you needed to catch an early flight), I couldn't hear the planes at all as I tried to sleep. Of course, with the AMAZING mattresses on the bed, I didn't stay awake long to listen. The "Marriott bed" available in this property is a wonder (firm, but not HARD) and I am considering purchasing one for home.

I didn't try the free breakfast, but my boyfriend did and he was satisfied with it. There was a fair degree of variety and plenty to go around.

The room was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was adequate. The toiletries are on the nicer side for a lower-level hotel as well.

Check-in was quick and friendly and there is a lot of parking (they will let you leave your car in the lot for $2 per night (and you can take their free shuttle to the airport, which would be another point in its favor if you were catching a plane).

I was very satisfied with my visit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple