“Helpful but average”

Ranked #61 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Hickory, NC
“Helpful but average”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The LQ website (despite the correct information input by myself) booked our family of three into a room with only one bed. Thankfully, the hotel was not sold out and they were able to move us and did so graciously with no issue. The first room that we were in smelled strongly of cigarette smoke which made the move even better.

By and large, the hotel was nothing special. The lobby was stark and less than inviting. The breakfast room had about 50% of the tabletops bent which made eating at them a bit of an acrobatic endeavor. The elevator floor was as caked with dirt when we checked out as it was when we checked in.

The rooms were clean, breakfast was as anticipated, and our needs were met. Nothing remarkable to write home about, but it did the job.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
Dear Dcholland,

It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and find it very helpful when seeking areas of improvement for our team. Just know that your comments are heard and action will be taken. While we encourage our guests to give us thier feedback becuase it is you who grades our hard work.

Thank you very much again and we wish you well.

Javier Cruz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kingsburg, California
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We spent five nights at La Quinta Tucson/Marana and had a wonderful experience. We were visiting our son that lives and works near the hotel. The manager Javier Cruz was very friendly, outgoing and accommodating as well as his staff. We stay at a La Quinta here in California at least once each month, and never have we had the General Manager visit us in the dining room and waiting on us making sure that everything was OK. We felt right at home and enjoyed the daily breakfast. Also, we had a wonderful room and if anything was needed, all we had to do was ask. Thank you Javier and your crew. You were wonderful!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear Maryfort C,

On behalf of myself and our entire team, THANK YOU! It is very rewarding when a guests takes time to give us kudos. We work very hard to make sure each and everyone of our guests are met with exceptional customer service. Making your stay at our hotel memorable is our goal and I am glad we were able to do that for you. For me, the best part of my job is getting to know our guests. We hope that we have made a true "La Quinta" fan out of you and hope to see you again!

Here for you,
Rossville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed two nights here and overall it was a good experience, not exceptional, but quite acceptable. Our room was clean and comfortable and we slept well both nights. Our room was on the west side which is the side away from I-10 and the Southern Pacific rail line, making it somewhat more peaceful. We always ask for a room on the top floor when staying at a LaQuinta in hopes of not being next to barking dogs or below late arrivals who usually show up with very heavy feet. Our theories worked well here as our room was quiet and peaceful. A couple of things that kept this from being an exceptional experience were the towels and the in room coffee. The towels were nice substantial towels, but were scratchy. I think the laundry may have run out of fabric softener. The in room coffee pot was in serious need of cleaning, so we cleaned it and made some coffee. The next morning we discovered the coffee had not been replenished so we had to go in search. In room coffee is a nice feature for folks like me who enjoy a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. Committing to offer that amenity should include cleaning the coffee maker and supplying the coffee.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sewbirds,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I have shared your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel with our housekeeping, maintenance and front desk department. We use your feedback to highlight our areas of improvement.

Again, Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Here for you,
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed for five nights in mid December 2012. Our room was beautiful, clean, and quiet, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. All of the staff was friendly and helpful, especially when we had to receive a fax and get it back signed immediately. The computer room functions well above average. The breakfasts are wonderful, with a changing menu of sausage and biscuits, omelets, and the standard cereals, waffles, rolls, and breads. We appreciated the variety of fruit. We would definitely return to this facility for our yearly vacation in the area. Kudos to the excellent management.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Javier C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Maryfort C,

Amazing Review. This is the best compliment we can get. I will make sure to share this with the rest of the staff so they know what an amazing job they are doing. We appreciate your feedback, especially positive feedback it encourages us to take the next step in our customer service level. We pride ourselves on offering a comfortable experience for all of our guests and are pleased we met your
expectations.

Have a wonderful day and Happy New Year.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This was my first experience at this LaQuinta - has been nothing short of a nightmare. I have had back surgery and a nerve graft on my leg and I am traveling with dogs so I asked for a first floor room. Instead they put me on the top floor the opposite end from the elevator. Even though it is cold out, the room is so hot that I had to put the AC on high both nights when I checked in. Check staff were quite rude and condescending. Took my dogs up the stairs to the top floor to find out that the stupid key did not work the second night. The multiple trips up and down the stairs have left my back so painful that I had difficulty in participating in the event I came for. They may allow dogs but are far from pet friendly! If they had no intention of honoring my request for a first floor room, they sould have told me BEFORE I got here and I would have made alternate lodging plans. And to add insult to injury, someone who checked in behind me with NO reservation was given a first floor room.

Room Tip: Unless you like climbing stairs and being treated like a second class citizen, NEVER stay here with...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear Debbie B,

Thank you for using Trip Advisor to review your most recent stay at our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. As I read your review I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations. As I explained to you at check in there was a dog competition that was in town (I believe your dog was a competitor) and that was the reason we were unable to fulfill your request of a 1st floor room. We do our best to satisfy each of our guest’s requests however sometimes impossible due to guests staying over unexpectedly. Being a pet friendly hotel we understand it’s more convenient for our guests to have a 1st floor room due to “bathroom breaks” and taking thief pet outside for exercise. We were sold out during your check in and only had 2nd and 3rd floor rooms available. Again we do our best at honoring any request but sometimes it is out of our control what we have available.

We understand your frustration and hope that you understand we did everything we could possible do to make sure you were comfortable. We have faith you will give us another chance.

Respectfully yours,
FLORENCE
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This is a beautiful well-kept property, but watch your credit card charge. We were given a charge and receipt for one amount, but the charge to our credit card was higher than the agreed upon charge. We did not do anything to accrue extra charges. We only discovered this because our bank gave us an alert on the fraudulent charge.

Room Tip: We would give a higher rating except for the hassle with being overcharged on our credit card.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear Marilyn C,

We appreciate your feedback. I am glad you gave me the chance to talk to you and straighten the issues you were having with your credit card out. As per our conversation, the charges that were incurred on your credit card were just authorizations. Our hotel does require a credit card at check in which we do authorize for your entire stays estimated amount. We do not charge at check in, we charge at check out and at that point we give you the option to change your method of payment to another credit card or cash.

We hope that you will stay with us during your next visit to Tucson/Marana.

Here For You,
Burtonsville, Maryland
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I really wanted to give this place a better rating. Great, friendly front desk people, convenient location close to interstate 10 and to shopping and restaurants, clean, comfortable beds are all the positives. What held them back, for me, were the thin walls (the people upstairs stomped around like they had concrete for shoes), no hot water from the sink faucet, and very limited breakfast selection (no eggs and/or hot food items). Breakfast was also served at 7 am, much later than any other La Quinta's I've ever been to. I expect better, especially when I paid over $100 a night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear visi2r1,
Thank you for your feedback, we genuinely appreciate any feedback from our guests. Whether it’s positive or negative it helps us get better. We are disappointed we didn’t meet your expectations during your recent visit with us. We pride ourselves on offering an exceptional experience from check in to check out; and when we fail to do so we take a look back and see where it is we went wrong. Each La Quinta has a different breakfast menu; our hotel offers omelets and bacon and sausage and biscuits every other day. However we all do share the same breakfast times. Monday-Friday 6am-9am Saturday and Sunday 7am-10am.

Again, thank you for your feedback and hope you will give us another chance.

Javier Cruz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Holiday Inn Express Marana
#53 of 130 in Tucson
Hampton Inn Tucson-North
Hampton Inn Tucson-North
#31 of 130 in Tucson

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana? Share your experiences!