“Park at you own Risk”

Ranked #47 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
NM
“Park at you own Risk”
Reviewed 15 June 2008

We were driving through and need a place to stay on our way to Mexico and with the reviews here I chose La Posada.
The room was clean and the beds were nice.

We were towing a boat and my husband didn't feel safe leaving out in the parking lot over night (signs posted all over property that the hotel wasn't responsible for loss.
There was also a guest who was outside his room listening to music & drinking outside in the parking lot, I guess the hotel approves of this kind of loitering?
I think it added a bad light to the property, he looked like the local drug dealer waiting to do business.
My husband decided to sleep on the boat.
Good thing for another guest there because around 3 am he was awakened by someone trying to break in another car 5 cars down.
If you don't feel safe leaving your vehicle in a parking lot the nice beds and sheet don't mean much.

I think La Posado would have money well spent if they invested in security.

We won't stay there again.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank leesak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
sf
Reviewed 28 March 2008

We stayed 6 nights at the La Posada, in Tucson. We stayed 3 nights there first and then somewhere else for 3 nights, we had nothing for the next 3 nites and enjoyed la posada so much we returned. Their restaurant, Miquels was so good we ate there every night. They have a happy hour at 11 am til 7pm mond. thru friday with 1/2 off drinks.

enjoy this fantastic restaurant and hotel.
Denise Garrintano
San Francisco, CA

1 Thank deed54
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed 29 February 2008

We checked in for one of the casitas on wednesday afternoon. The frontdesk and check-in went very well. We were pleased with the appearance of the room which was old but clean and decorated with the motif that would be appropriate for the propertty. We did sit at the pool for awhile before going to dinner. When we left for dinner at about six o'clock the sole elevator was not working so my wife had to climb the one flight of stairs to ground level. Since she is disabled and walks with a cane that was a hardship. I reported the problem to the front desk and they said it would be taken care of. When we 0returned from dinner the elevator was working. When we left for dinner the next evening we experienced the same problem. The only elevator not working, nor was it working when we returned from dinner. We called the desk and reported it.The next morning as we went to breakfast , again, the elevator was not in service. There were two other things that turned me off as to the maintenance at the inn. As I said, when we arrived on wednesday we visited the pool. Some of the guests had left used towels on the chaises at the pool or on a table that appeared to be meant for this purpose. Those same towels that had been discarded were still there when we departed on friday morning. Also at the time we departed friday the supply of clean towels was entirely depleted.--Lack of attention?? While there was a nice selection of food at breakfast we found the hostesses mostly talking with each other and barely if at all acknowledging a guests presence. Breakfast is served at 7:00 am. When I stopped by the desk at 6:48 to see if coffee was available it was suggested I walk next doorr to the Hampton Inn, that there would be none at Posada until the breakfast area opened.

Overall the inn has good potential and has beautiful grounds but seems to be lacking in the attention that is necessarry to make a pleasant stay. Would I return??? NO

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank curiouswanderer64
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 3 February 2008

We stayed here at the beginning and end of a 2 week group tour. The hotel is very nicely appointed, with decor appropriate for the area. Our first room was on the lowest level, opening on to the grounds near the pool. It was very spacious. Our 2nd room was on the top level and was much smaller. Given a choice, we'd have preferred the other level. The location is quite far from the main area of Tucson so we were unable to walk anywhere (something we enjoy). If you are traveling on your own and have a car, it would be fine. The airport transportation was very good. We ate 1 lunch and 1 dinner at Miguel's and thought the food and service were both good. If we return to Tucson, we'd probably use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 20 November 2007

Several family members and I stayed at the La Posada because of its proximity to the NW Hospital. The front desk was very understanding and helpful during our very difficult time. They were able to get us all next to each other. They were sold out on Friday night, but when a room opened they called us so we were able to stay and avoid having to move to another hotel. The rooms were beautiful and the breakfast was extensive. We will defiantly be staying again when we return to Tucson.

Stayed November 2007
tucson, az
Reviewed 7 November 2007

We had our wedding ceremony here and the front desk service was horrible. Not a single staff member knew about the wedding when family called to book rooms. When I called to see how many rooms were booked for the wedding, they said none. Clearly there were some booked. They misspelled almost all the last names so when I went to drop off welcome baskets, they said "that person is not staying here". They double booked us. Two rooms under the bride's last name and two rooms under the groom's last name. They quoted us one price when we booked the rooms and then charged us another when we checked out. When we talked to the manager about it, he accused us of making up rates and offered us an insulting $10 off our rooms. We spent over $1500 ourselves and had more than 10 rooms booked there for the wedding ceremony, but they still refused to accomodate us.
The front desk staff was very disorganized and clueless and the management has horrible guest service.
Also, just a health note, they do not clean the jets in the jacuzzi tub. When we turned the jets on, they spit out brown, slimy water.

• Liked — The event coordinator
  • Disliked — front desk service and management
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank luvtravel78
ldmnaz, Manager at La Posada Lodge and Casitas, responded to this review, 26 November 2007
We do over 20 weddings a year. Every other experience has been positive.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2007

I stayed at the LaPosada as part of an organized tour (hotel chosen by tour company). While the facilities themselves (rooms, restaurant, bell hop) were quite adequate, the staff at the front desk made the stay impossible!

This began when I arranged, several weeks in advance, to be picked up at the Tucson airport and taken to the hotel. When I arrived at the airport no one was there. I called the hotel and was told someone would be there shortly -- which turned out to be about an hour later. This caused me to miss an important orientation given by my tour company.

Apparently the airport shuttle service to the hotel is contracted out to a private person who has only one van. Reservations, however, are made by the front desk staff at the hotel.

Upon returning to the hotel at the end of my vacation (about 2 weeks later) I immediately made a reservation to be taken back to the airport the next morning. That morning it turned out that the front desk staff had overbooked reservations to the airport, and the van could not accomodate everyone. The van driver/private contractor refused to take any responsibility, totally blaming the hotel staff. He divided people up based on their flight times (which was a reasonable thing to do under the circumstances) and changed the departure time of the van. However, even after all of us who were then rescheduled to go on that van were aboard, he refused to leave until the time he had said, even though that would have allowed him to return to the hotel to take the remaining people a little bit earlier.

In addition, I had accidently left a piece of luggage at a previous hotel during my trip. The night I returned to LaPosada I contacted the previous hotel and arranged to have the luggage transported to LaPosada the next day. I then talked with the front desk staff, requesting that they send me the luggage, at my expense, and gave them my address in New York. The next morning I checked with the front desk staff (the shift had changed) to confirm these instructions, and found there was absolutely no record of my original request. I then remade the request. The luggage eventually reached me in New York -- about 6 weeks later!

• Disliked — Front desk service and airport pickup
  • Stayed November 2006