“Front Desk extremely disorganized”

La Posada Lodge and Casitas
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 20 July 2007

I stayed at the LaPosada as part of an organized tour (hotel chosen by tour company). While the facilities themselves (rooms, restaurant, bell hop) were quite adequate, the staff at the front desk made the stay impossible!

This began when I arranged, several weeks in advance, to be picked up at the Tucson airport and taken to the hotel. When I arrived at the airport no one was there. I called the hotel and was told someone would be there shortly -- which turned out to be about an hour later. This caused me to miss an important orientation given by my tour company.

Apparently the airport shuttle service to the hotel is contracted out to a private person who has only one van. Reservations, however, are made by the front desk staff at the hotel.

Upon returning to the hotel at the end of my vacation (about 2 weeks later) I immediately made a reservation to be taken back to the airport the next morning. That morning it turned out that the front desk staff had overbooked reservations to the airport, and the van could not accomodate everyone. The van driver/private contractor refused to take any responsibility, totally blaming the hotel staff. He divided people up based on their flight times (which was a reasonable thing to do under the circumstances) and changed the departure time of the van. However, even after all of us who were then rescheduled to go on that van were aboard, he refused to leave until the time he had said, even though that would have allowed him to return to the hotel to take the remaining people a little bit earlier.

In addition, I had accidently left a piece of luggage at a previous hotel during my trip. The night I returned to LaPosada I contacted the previous hotel and arranged to have the luggage transported to LaPosada the next day. I then talked with the front desk staff, requesting that they send me the luggage, at my expense, and gave them my address in New York. The next morning I checked with the front desk staff (the shift had changed) to confirm these instructions, and found there was absolutely no record of my original request. I then remade the request. The luggage eventually reached me in New York -- about 6 weeks later!

• Stayed: November 2006
4  Thank Debbiefoz

Reviewed 31 March 2007

We went to Tucson for a spring-break holiday with our 17-year-old daughter, and had booked La Posada in advance on the basis of on-line photos and reviews. We weren't disappointed. We had a third-floor room with very private balcony overlooking the grounds and pool, and with a view toward the golf course and mountains. While the room seemed somewhat small at first, it proved to be fine for our needs, and the spacious balcony with table and chairs was a real bonus. We could leave our sliding doors to the balcony open at all times and feel totally secure. The Mexican-flavoured decor helps to make the room more special than your standard hotel room. Everything was kept very clean, and the beds were good quality. The pool and hot-tub were well tended and attractive, and the numerous sun-lounges around them were comfy. Plus, the location of the hotel is convenient to restaurants, shopping, and other excursions.

Our only complaint: While we appreciated the complimentary breakfasts, they were rather monotonous, and we really question the hotel's decision to use only styrofoam plates, cups, and plastic cutlery. What a mountain of garbage is created every morning -- false economy, we think.

We would definitely go back. We recommend the third-floor rooms because of the privacy, security, and view. And the price (especially the on-line rate) is reasonable for the resort-like quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Escaped_the_rain

A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2005

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Tucson hotels
Lodge on the Desert
Radisson Suites Tucson
Radisson Suites Tucson
#22 of 129 in Tucson
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites

Been to La Posada Lodge and Casitas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Posada Lodge and Casitas

Address: 5900 N Oracle Rd, Tucson, AZ 85704-3816
Region: United States > Arizona > Tucson
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#29 Family Hotel in Tucson
#38 Romantic Hotel in Tucson
Price Range: £60 - £195 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — La Posada Lodge and Casitas 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Posada Lodge and Casitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Posada Lodge And Casitas Hotel Tucson