“2nd Time at Towneplace-Williams Ctr.” 4 of 5 bubbles

TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tempe, Az
“2nd Time at Towneplace-Williams Ctr.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the property and both visits were nice. The front desk staff is always friendly and professional. The lobby was clean and the breakfast was fine. The pre-made omelets are sometimes hit or miss, this time they were good. We didn't get to spend much time at the hotel, but the beds were comfy, the rooms are very modern and the property is clean and tidy. My only complaint is with the window A/C units. I never have understood how these properties still make decisions to use these types of units. Although it's controlled by a wall-mounted thermostat, inevitably, the room is always lopsided with the temperature. And at night, if you are the one sleeping on that side of the bed, one side of your body or face are always frozen! I know it's a 1st world country problem, but I'd wish they'd have central cooling. This is a good side of town for restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: The property is tucked away in the Williams Centre area, it is a little tricky, but don't panic...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here 6 days during the Tucson GemFair this year because it was one of the hotels on the shuttle route. Without a car though, I would say this place is quite a walk (about 15min) from the main boulevard/main road where the restaurants such as the raved Pita Jungle and Monkey Burger, and amenities (Target, FedEx) etc were. And I had arrived alone on a rainy night in early February to make the journey out for dinner by myself so that walk seemed especially long with the hunger pangs and cold. I’d pick its sister hotel Courtyard or Embassy Suites as both of these were much closer to the main road/amenities.

Overall, Towneplace Suites itself was a good experience, keeping in mind that this range of Marriott is more of a laidback, DIY type of place. I had a very clean, comfortable and large room that was properly and fully refreshed everyday and I loved the Peter Thomas Roth range of toiletries. The king-sized bed and pillows were so much comfort after a hard day of walking the Fair. The room had ample space to work in with a big desk, sofa and coffeetable. The kitchenette was nice to have except I couldn’t find nor figure out why they didn’t have a kettle to boil water in? I had a room on the top 4th floor so I had to trot down to the first floor where they had a station that sometimes ran out of hot water by night time.

I found the staff also to be surprisingly young and generally upbeat and happy to assist where they could. When I called after checking out to request a new check-in again due to a most last-minute UA flight cancellation, the staff was quick to help and even got me the exact same rooms except in the end, we decided to go off to Phoenix to catch another flight instead. Staff also helped me with my mail in the US after I had left and that was very kind and much appreciated.

The free breakfast was a good touch and they had some quick to-go options for those hurrying to get on the shuttle but I did find the variety lacking and limited especially after 6 days.
Sadly couldn't make it back for the raved manager's reception during the evenings. I did, however, order from their nearest pub one night for a late dinner (11pm!) and I cannot recall the name of the place (the menu is in the room) but the delivery was within 20mins as promised and was satisfyingly delicious.

Wifi connection was perfect inside the hotel - no complaints there despite the multiple devices my colleague and I had.

This hotel was a way from the main road and some days, we had engagements outside the Fair shuttle route but the hotel hooked us up with the best, most professional taxt service in Tucson. Cannot rave enough about this wonderful man named Vel who ran his premium quality taxi service in tip-top timely manner. We did stray a couple of times only to stick exclusively with Vel for our last few days because his car (a Merc S-Class!) was comfortable, timely and he was very familiar with Tucson in general. When we were later stranded and needed a car to Phoenix, he also willingly helped and drove us to Phoenix at the last minute at a very decent rate. Please have the hotel call him for you should you need a car. Was so impressed with his level of professionalism and the pride he took in ensuring his car, service and timeliness were all tip-top.

Overall, great hospitality and hotel in Tucson but I may consider staying closer to the main road or to the fair, next time I visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Daphneghs
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was my first time to stay at a TownPlace Suites by Marriott, and I will definitely be searching for more of them for future hotel stays. This is a beautiful and quiet property, with excellent and friendly service, plus a great breakfast included. I didn't use the pool or exercise room, but they looked very nice. I would definitely recommend this place when traveling to Tucson.

Room Tip: rooms on one side of the property have excellent views of the mountains.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank TB-SD
Hercules, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hi gang,
Visited Tucson March 2014 for a few days of Tucson sun and golf. Check-in was most pleasant and quick. Quiet location, business park environment. On a Tuesday night they had a "continental" dinner snack consisting of beef stew, red mashed potatoes and more as a mgr.
reception. Nice touch. Staff very friendly and greets you on every entrance / exit. This is the kind of customer concern is sadly lacking in too many other hotels across the land. The morning breakfast was diverse and fresh, the only knock is that they serve breakfast on plastic plates with plastic ware. Kinda tacky (cheap) to me. Access to many restaurants nearby but a good jaunt to get to a freeway. I'd stay here again as Marriott doesn't disappoint the weary traveler.
Peace,
Rich

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on the upper floors.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nothreeputts
East Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of an early spring roadtrip to find ourselves some sun.

This is a fabulous and well-run hotel. When checking in, we asked for a quiet room. The staff member explained how room 314 was ideally positioned to be quiet and boy was he right!

The hotel is great in other respects too: nice free breakfast, good east side location etc.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HappyTraveler64
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Tucked away off Broadway west of Craycroft is this beautiful hotel- it is in an industrial business park with Texas Instruments and other employers. I asked- the hotel is about 2 years old.
Front desk very friendly. Room was immaculate, roomy for a single room, and I was very impressed to have a real refrigerator, kitchen sink, silverware, small range and microwave!
This is a great place for a budget stay that doesn't feel budget.
Had to miss breakfast due to my schedule but it would have been a treat.
The quietest hotel I have stayed in yet.
I felt safe and pampered- a great get away that was still close enough to the city (UAZ and other areas.)
I did not use the room service nor the restaurant.
I definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a second story room- beautiful views, especially facing north. Facing east has the business...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a convenient, quiet location. The staff was friendly and helpful. The evening desk clerk went and found an orange for me when I wanted a healthy evening snack. My room was spotless and the bed comfortable. I liked that real half and half is provided for the in room coffee. I don't like the powdered stuff. Breakfast time was hopping! They had run out of bowls, but were trying to keep up. I would certainly stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends