TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
D M Motel(Tucson)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskquiet locationwould definitely stay here againlong staysmall kitchenettespent nights herefree breakfastan extended stayhotel is locatedother hotelsenjoyed our staycleaning staffminute drivenice propertyyogurthappy hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for one night. Great clean newer hotel. Staff super friendly. The breakfast far surpasses all other hotel free breakfasts. Nice variety. Good food. Comfortable rooms. It's a little off the beaten path. But we got delivery pizza from Serial grill, pizza and subs. They should hook up with the hotel and offer deals. Perfect evening with a great room and pizza. Stay here you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank T-NorthernCali
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were in town for the U of A graduation. The hotel was nice, the room was comfortable, and the staff was outstanding. Whatever Enrique is paid, he deserves more. He helped in the dining area, and he found some food for me on the days I slept past breakfast. There was another woman in the dining room who was also raving about him. The staff is what makes or breaks a hotel, and Enrique made it.
I had trouble with the toilet one night, but I left a review and I'm sure they are fixing it.
If I could change one thing about the hotel, it would be the door. There is no way to leave the room without that door making noise, and we haven't had that problem in other hotels. The noise from the door wakes up whoever is sleeping.
The women who cleaned the room every day did an excellent job, and they were very friendly when we passed them in the hall. They didn't complain about cleaning the room later in the day when we left the room late.
We asked for a very late checkout, and we got it at no extra charge. If we go back to Tucson, we'll stay there again, especially if they can figure out how to make the door close quietly.
Fellow travelers, don't forget to tip the maids and other hotel staff.

Room Tip: The first floor was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank EvaDickstein
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the property and both visits were nice. The front desk staff is always friendly and professional. The lobby was clean and the breakfast was fine. The pre-made omelets are sometimes hit or miss, this time they were good. We didn't get to spend much time at the hotel, but the beds were comfy, the rooms are very modern and the property is clean and tidy. My only complaint is with the window A/C units. I never have understood how these properties still make decisions to use these types of units. Although it's controlled by a wall-mounted thermostat, inevitably, the room is always lopsided with the temperature. And at night, if you are the one sleeping on that side of the bed, one side of your body or face are always frozen! I know it's a 1st world country problem, but I'd wish they'd have central cooling. This is a good side of town for restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: The property is tucked away in the Williams Centre area, it is a little tricky, but don't panic, you're not lost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here 6 days during the Tucson GemFair this year because it was one of the hotels on the shuttle route. Without a car though, I would say this place is quite a walk (about 15min) from the main boulevard/main road where the restaurants such as the raved Pita Jungle and Monkey Burger, and amenities (Target, FedEx) etc were. And I had arrived alone on a rainy night in early February to make the journey out for dinner by myself so that walk seemed especially long with the hunger pangs and cold. I’d pick its sister hotel Courtyard or Embassy Suites as both of these were much closer to the main road/amenities.

Overall, Towneplace Suites itself was a good experience, keeping in mind that this range of Marriott is more of a laidback, DIY type of place. I had a very clean, comfortable and large room that was properly and fully refreshed everyday and I loved the Peter Thomas Roth range of toiletries. The king-sized bed and pillows were so much comfort after a hard day of walking the Fair. The room had ample space to work in with a big desk, sofa and coffeetable. The kitchenette was nice to have except I couldn’t find nor figure out why they didn’t have a kettle to boil water in? I had a room on the top 4th floor so I had to trot down to the first floor where they had a station that sometimes ran out of hot water by night time.

I found the staff also to be surprisingly young and generally upbeat and happy to assist where they could. When I called after checking out to request a new check-in again due to a most last-minute UA flight cancellation, the staff was quick to help and even got me the exact same rooms except in the end, we decided to go off to Phoenix to catch another flight instead. Staff also helped me with my mail in the US after I had left and that was very kind and much appreciated.

The free breakfast was a good touch and they had some quick to-go options for those hurrying to get on the shuttle but I did find the variety lacking and limited especially after 6 days.
Sadly couldn't make it back for the raved manager's reception during the evenings. I did, however, order from their nearest pub one night for a late dinner (11pm!) and I cannot recall the name of the place (the menu is in the room) but the delivery was within 20mins as promised and was satisfyingly delicious.

Wifi connection was perfect inside the hotel - no complaints there despite the multiple devices my colleague and I had.

This hotel was a way from the main road and some days, we had engagements outside the Fair shuttle route but the hotel hooked us up with the best, most professional taxt service in Tucson. Cannot rave enough about this wonderful man named Vel who ran his premium quality taxi service in tip-top timely manner. We did stray a couple of times only to stick exclusively with Vel for our last few days because his car (a Merc S-Class!) was comfortable, timely and he was very familiar with Tucson in general. When we were later stranded and needed a car to Phoenix, he also willingly helped and drove us to Phoenix at the last minute at a very decent rate. Please have the hotel call him for you should you need a car. Was so impressed with his level of professionalism and the pride he took in ensuring his car, service and timeliness were all tip-top.

Overall, great hospitality and hotel in Tucson but I may consider staying closer to the main road or to the fair, next time I visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daphneghs
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was my first time to stay at a TownPlace Suites by Marriott, and I will definitely be searching for more of them for future hotel stays. This is a beautiful and quiet property, with excellent and friendly service, plus a great breakfast included. I didn't use the pool or exercise room, but they looked very nice. I would definitely recommend this place when traveling to Tucson.

Room Tip: rooms on one side of the property have excellent views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo