“Good Mexican food, Popular place”
Review of La Parilla Suiza

La Parilla Suiza
Ranked #328 of 2,091 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We serve authentic Mexico City Cuisine that's a delightful alternative to other mexican restaurants. The exquisite cuisine of Mexico City is almost a world apart from northern mexican food. All our tacos, meat and cheese dishes are cooked on charcoal or grilled. Here we serve fresh handmade corn tortillas and authentic tangy delicious salsas. La Parrilla Suiza is the Mexico City Cuisine restaurant you can trust must to feed your family.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Both branches of this restaurant (on Speedway and on Ina) are busy all the time, both lunch and dinner. This is a restaurant you can visit multiple times, with an extensive menu of dishes that are tasty and well prepared.

La Parilla used to specialize in Mexico City food, which made it different from most restaurants in the city; however, they changed their menu a few years back, and broadened their range.

However, they still have their signature dishes of Enchiladas Suizas (in white cheese sauce), grilled (parillada) steak and shrimp, and broiled green onions (cebollitas). These are worth a try, as well as their queso appetizer, which features lots of gooey, yummy Mexican cheese. Overall, the price is reasonable, and the dishes are well-sized. Their free chips and salsa is an excellent starter to any meal.

Especially on weekends, go early or be prepared to wait for a table.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had a "Double Take deal" for $30 worth of food for $15. Our bill came to about $3 over (plus tip)

We shared an appetizer, which we rarely do. It was a cheese queso--Excellent!!
Then we each had enchiladas for an entree Also very good.
We've eaten here a few other times & the food is always good to excellent. The service is slow to slower though. But that isn't a problem if you aren't in a hurry.
Recommend you give it a try. See if you can find a coupon as we think it's a little more expensive side.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I decided to give this restaurant a try. Every time we ride by, the parking lot is always full, which is usually a good sign. We were not disappointed. The service was prompt, the salsa and chips were delicious + they brought us a refill without us having to ask. My husband got the cheese enchiladas with red chile sauce and I got a pork/cheese/tortilla dish. The charro beans were piping hot although the food was not. (Not cold, just on the luke warm side.) There was no room for dessert after the meal which was, all in all, quite satisfying. The margaritas were pretty potent. We will definitely return to this establishment.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have to state that, once again, my mid-Atlantic palate ADORES spicy. The spicy shrimp I ordered here at La Parilla Suiza was not spicy. It was tasty, just not even remotely spicy. I still think this is a regional difference between the American Southwest and the Mid-Atlantic. I can appreciate though the veggies' texture, portion sizes overall, and great table service. I am a HUGE fan of the three salsas that came to my table with the crispy tortilla chips and also a fan of the refried beans - which if this is indeed authentic, then I prefer the type of refried beans at La Parilla Suiza as opposed to well, just about any other authentic or Americanized Mexican restaurant. The experience here at La Parilla Suiza was worth the trip and value for monies exchanged.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We eat here often and it is always delicious. I read some the other reviews about slow service but we have never had a problem.

1  Thank Linzie C