“Great Food and Service”

La Parilla Suiza
Ranked #400 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We serve authentic Mexico City Cuisine that's a delightful alternative to other mexican restaurants. The exquisite cuisine of Mexico City is almost a world apart from northern mexican food. All our tacos, meat and cheese dishes are cooked on charcoal or grilled. Here we serve fresh handmade corn tortillas and authentic tangy delicious salsas. La Parrilla Suiza is the Mexico City Cuisine restaurant you can trust must to feed your family.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We were a large party of 8 and the waitress took the time to get the order right for each of our meals. The appetizer accidentally came without chorizo and they provided excellent customer service and took it off the bill. I highly recommend this restaurant. Great authentic food!!

1  Thank sjmartin329

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We visited here as a large group of nine and were seated at tables within the bar area. Our server was nice at first but gradually seemed to grow disinterested in us after accidentally serving diet cokes and dr peppers to the wrong people. The food was delicious but there were a few things presented strangely like one person had ordered flour tortillas at one end of the table and the other, corn tortillas but they shared a tortilla holder. Also, he said there is no pico de gallo today but someone else brought pico to the table right after that and our queso fundito appetizer was served cold. It took us a very long time to get our bill too. We really love this restaurant and feel like it's the most authentic Mexican food in Tucson, but the service needs to come together. The restaurant was not full so we weren't sure what was going on.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Maybe it was M. Breylin, the stiff waitress with the chilly demeanor, who set the tone for me not liking this place. My partner liked her dish okay while my enchilada was cold and I didn't like not being told my meal came with a salad when I (unnecessarily) ordered salad - plus I tend to get irritated by things like the wait person not noticing we had no silverware until after we were served. And then not picking up our dishes even after she brought the dessert. It seemed like one minor irritant after another that started with my teenaged daughter finding it grating to be called 'sweetie' especially in that emotionless voice that doesn't have a warm delivery for endearments, good intentions or no. My food was simply tasteless - I don't believe being served at the correct temperature would have helped it much. The kids picked over their meals. The place was noisy and colorful but lacking genuine warmth, welcome and fun.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We love to go to La Parilla Suiza for happy hour. They have great salsa choices and delicious food. Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Delicious soft taco of shrimp, bacon, etc, etc. Wonderful refritos. Good margaritas. The other three people with me liked their food but it was hard to pay attention while I ate my lunch. Pretty place, service is slow. We were there for a latish lunch, only a few tables, staff outnumbered diners. The wait was worth it.

Been to La Parilla Suiza? Share your experiences!