“Delicious late take out”

Mama's Hawaiian BBQ
Ranked #449 of 2,121 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Barbecue, Hawaiian
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered online and picked up my order at 2:15 AM on a Tuesday. There were still a few customers in there at the time. The girl working there was friendly and efficient. The teriyaki chicken is very good. I would order here again. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I went late in the evening about an hour before closing. Was served with no indication that I had to a take my food out, but after sitting at a table the owner came to say "get the **** out of my restaurant." I don't know if he was under the influence of something--it certainly seemed that way--or was psychologically challenged, but it was the most outrageous, incomprehensible, rude, experience I'd ever had in a restaurant in my entire life. I honestly don't understand what is wrong with this people. The food is fine, the owners are unstable.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Mama sure does have a way of cooking her Pulled Pork! Man do those piggies taste good! The variety of sauces are wonderful from sweet and tangy to knock your socks of HOT! The Teriyaki chicken is the best! The noodle salad, beans and rice can't be beat! Whether you go in to eat or have it catered, Mama's makes your taste buds sing!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Never having tried Hawaiian BBQ, I was at something of a loss to decide what to get. The staff was very helpful and charming, offering me a taste of the Kalua Pork and providing me with extra sauce to enhance the experience. The portions were so ample that it will provide at least one additional meal. If I were so fortunate as to live in Tucson this would be a regular stop.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Maybe we ordered the wrong items but I did not think the restaurant was worth all the hype. Sure it's different but food was nothing special. The service was quick and friendly but I'd try somewhere else before going back here.

Been to Mama's Hawaiian BBQ? Share your experiences!