“Friday Farmers Market at Jesse Owens Park”

St Philip's Plaza Farmers' Market
Ranked #85 of 280 things to do in Tucson
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Friday Farmers Market at Jesse Owens Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We visited the Friday Farmers Market at Jesse Owens Park. The reason we visited this FM was for the crepes at Planet of the Crepes. We passed a dozen booths on our way to get our crepe. The items that were for sale looked very good; just not a very large selection or variety. We did end up buying soup mix from Jack’s Beans and it was very good.

Visited May 2013

74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“THE FARMER'S MARKET FOR TUCSON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Every Sunday from 9am to 1pm. The food comes from all corners of Arizona; mostly picked the day before and as fresh and mainly organic as you could possibly want. Seasonally the range from strawberries to peppers, tomatoes to corn it is the real deal. Don't miss the SALSA LADY with her three varieties of medium/hot/and stupid hot salsa----unique and addicting. Free range beef and lamb purveyors are plentiful as are special bean growers with varieties used by the Indians (along with recipes) in great supply. And then there's the coffee man. Cowboy Coffee. He'll brew you up a cup. It'll be the last time you buy any other java. It's the best.
Mainly cash. plus the shops, restaurants and stores of the Plaza all open around 10....could be easily a 2-3 hour adventure

Visited December 2012
2 Thank baird t
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“great selection, pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I go every Sunday and buy organic meats, greens, and produce in season. Good location and although the parking lot can be crowded there are usually spaces somewhere. I'm surprised someone reviewed St Phillip's and said there was a limited selection (maybe they are from Seattle?), because I can buy most of my food for the week there (although I don't just due to cost). Compared to other Farmer's Markets in Tucson, I think the selection here is the best. The variety of organic, free-range and/or grass fed meats is excellent. Brian, who is located in the center and sells only meat and eggs, has the most incredible whole chickens (frozen), which run about $20 each. They are completely worth it. You can find almost anything - from sprouts to BBQ sauce, to tea, to specialized olive oils, goat cheese, breads, etc.

Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“I will definitely become a regular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

What a great farmer's market. There was a big variety, fresh locally grown produce, meat, local honey, homemade cheeses, pre-made meals, great things. Well behaved dogs are welcome, and you need to get there early because they bring what they think they can sell, and by 11am there were a lot of booths that were closing up. Great place!

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten Free Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Went in the fall, will go again in the spring. LOVE IT because it offered things that were important to us, ie non gmo, gluten free, I know this may seem little to others, but when you can't eat without gluten free, you are shocked and amazed when you find a world where my way of eating is offered. Take Bread from Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery, put the roasted and garlic, eggplant and peppers from some vendor, MY GOD, only thing to make it better would be olive oil , I just had little time. Oh, the Tamales vendor, MY GOD, Non gmo, organic, gluten free and the oil used was a healthy one. I know , seems like I get excited over little things, but when you always expect to only eat an apple and I get to eat food, it is good. So GF people, get to it!!! I will try to get names next time to give the vendors credit.

Visited November 2012