“Thanksgiving buffet”
Review of Canyon Cafe

Canyon Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cross street: N Kolb / Sunrise
Elgin, Arizona
“Thanksgiving buffet”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Now at $65 pp, not sure how many more times our family will continue this tradition, but it such an awesome Buffett, we'll see. The shrimp,crab, oyster bar in itself is amazing. Both fantastic traditional main dishes as well as non, such as the achiote salmon-omg. Wonderful setting and good service. We rarely go for Buffett menus as so often the food sits and overlooks. Not here, as they continually are replacing the entries and sides. Want to give mom a break, this continues to be a wonderful treat.

Visited November 2013

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Everything was great!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This café has everything you’d want for a first class meal. We both ordered salmon and it was done perfectly (some restaurants have a hard time cooking this right), the wine was excellent and the deserts to die for. The service was excellent and the café setting was very nice with a view of the desert and mountains in the Catalina foothills. We were celebrating a birthday, and were brought a complimentary desert with a couple of candles. Fortunately, the wait-staff didn’t sing to us (our preference).

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank FrequentTraveler696
Antioch, Illinois, USA
“Good. but not outstanding”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a weekday lunch here and, while the ambiance and service were great, we'd expected the food to be better. It was good, but not outstanding. Prices were high. Maybe in future, we'll try their Brunch.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 91paulkat
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Best Brunch I've had!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I live in Colorado but my parents live in Tucson. Anytime I'm in town, which will be next week, we go to Ventana's Resort for Sunday Brunch. My husband and I are pretty picky when it comes to a Sunday Brunch and this is the best one we've ever been to. We have been to more expensive brunches with less items and the quality of the food cannot be beat. Can't rave enough about it. Love, love, love it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank djr40
Tucson, Arizona
“Like Staying At A Resort When You Live In The Town!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I experienced being at a resort - when we live right here in the town! Hal and I used our Arizona Daily Star restaurant card to enjoy a leisurely lunch at Canyon Cafe at Loew's Ventana Resort. We live just 10 minutes away - but it was like being miles away at a luxurious resort. The service was excellent, the food was very, very good (my Reuben and Hal's cheeseburger were perfectly prepared). Yes, $16.00 for a cheeseburger in Tucson is a bit steep - but the view of the mountains (even from the inside of the restaurant) and the resort atmosphere made up for that (plus we had a discount card!). My Reuben was one of the best I've had in Tucson. It came with a choice of sides and my Caesar Salad (delicious) could have been an entree. Hal's fries were perfect (he shared them with me) - and we're fussy about those! I took a box home with half of my Reuben. All in all a great experience and we will return with or without a discount card. Dining on the patio is optimal; but we live here and it was a bit chilly out there that day (not for the visitors!).

• Visited October 2013

Been to Canyon Cafe? Share your experiences!