Lazy 8 Motel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
US$163
US$130
Arizona Inn(Tucson)
US$173
US$162
La Posada Lodge and Casitas(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$228
US$188
US$487
US$178
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2007

All brand name hotels in Tucson were booked because of some major event, so I ended up in this one. They are what they claim-- a really
clean budget hotel. The room was small, the TV was small, and the bathroom was so small and spartan it made me chuckle. But everything was clean and well-maintained, the bed was thin but highly acceptable, the staff was professional and polite, and my stay was quiet and pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Triptaker365
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I saw their ad in the AAA book and only needed a room for myself for one night (I was passing through Tucson), so I thought 'what the heck.' Have you ever been to a place where you get a weird feeling just walking through the door? That's what I experienced here. It's not a 'bad' place per se...but as I said, it just had that 'ick' factor as soon as I opened the door. A one-night place for a good price when all you need is a bed and a shower? You betcha. But I would never consider staying here any longer than that.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank LMHinCMH
Reviewed 17 March 2006

I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AFTER THE CUSTOMER SERVICE I RECEIVED OVER THE PHONE...

I called to make a reservation, because this place gets great reviews and advertises a $39/night rate on their website. The guest clerk took all my information and then gave me the rate...$59/night. This is more than we wanted to spend on a motel, so after securing reservations elsewhere I called back to cancel. The conversation went as follows:

Me: "Hello, I'd like to cancel my reservation"
Her: "Ok, thanks, goodbye." Click.

She hung up on me!

When I called back, she said yes, you are cancelled and your confirmation number is the same as your other number. Then she said, "Now, you are wasting my time. Goodbye" and hung up on me again!

So I called back to talk to a manager. She said, "I am the manager. Now quit calling me. You are cancelled. Goodbye!"

I plan to call back at another time and talk to someone else, but I couldn't believe how rude this person was to me!

Would you ever stay somewhere where the employees are allowed to A) Talk to customers this way and B) Allowed to tell you your cancellation is complete, when they haven't even received your name?

NO WAY!

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank seattlecutiepie
Reviewed 28 February 2005

They advertise as the cleanest budget motel in Tucson. I can't compare but I can say that the room was very clean as all parts of the motel were including the laundry room for guest use. The breakfast includes bagels, donuts, fruit, cereal, milk, coffee and juice which hit the spot.

The motel is right on the freeway so it is a bit noisy.

Another plus is the free wireless internet in their lobby.

If you stay there, try the Silver Saddle steak house right next door. They had good food and were always busy.

• Stayed: February 2005
3  Thank Goingonatrip
Reviewed 7 July 2004

This place calls itself the "cleanest budget motel in Tucson." That got me in the door the first time, and that is what keeps me going back. Nothing is fancy about the motel, but it is clean in every way. There is a continental breakfast, which really isn't much, but I ate better than I do at home on cereal, coffee, doughnuts, fruit, etc. It is well under $40 a night, and I feel just as comfortable here as I do in a place that costs much more. I will go back again and again.

• Stayed: January 2002