“good home cooking”

Add it.
Lupita's Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Everything seems like it just came from someone's mother's kitchen. Simple, basic food -- yes. But well prepared and caringly served. It's a place I like to introduce people to!

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Lupitas is just that, a solid choice. It's definitely above average, but in Tucson that means more than most places.

The salsa is authentic and more flavorful than most places. My chicken chimi was packed with shredded chicken, well cooked, and covered with a nice green enchilada sauce. The rice was good and the beans were better than good. My son had a carne asada plate which he liked. The carne was one large piece of beef rather than the usual bite size pieces, but that's nice for a change.

Service was good, but a little slow at times, mostly due to how busy they were. They seem to have a pretty good takeout service going which also says something about the food.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the freshly made guacamole and the cheese, vegetable , beef and chicken enciladas.

Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

worst service I ever had guy waiters are the worst there was ignored for a long time people sat after me and got there order waiter forgot about us didn't even say sorry for the wait

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I LOVE Lupita's cafe. Not a big place - not a small place - a just right size place. My favorite is there machca chimichanga with green sauce - My wife's fav is the green corn tamales and cheese enchilada. Plenty of food so you can have a lite lunch the next day. Good prices.