“A terrific bargain close to downtown and the U of A.”

Arizona Riverpark Inn
Ranked #71 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Ojai, CA
“A terrific bargain close to downtown and the U of A.”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

A delightful experience. Large clean room, view of the tennis courts and large pool area, friendly service and generous free breakfast. An excellent bargain and only minutes from downtown and the U of A. Another guest I met at the bar in the evening who was on a regular business trip said he'd tried the other hotels in the area and this was the best in his opinion.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2010

If you are ever in Tucson try out Riverpark Inn, visit the lobby bar and say Hi to Brandon. Tell him I sent you! He's a great asset and a wonderful person. This hotel surprised me. It exceeded my expectations in cleanliness, service and atmosphere. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The grounds are literally like an Oasis in town, you will be pleasantly surprised by the surroundings. They offer a great breakfast every morning and the evening cafe and bar are an added bonus. The staff is exceptional. From the moment I checked in everyone was friendly, outgoing and willing to help with any request. They offer free WiFi that works VERY well, is fast and dependable. If you are traveling on business, pleasure or looking for a "getaway" for the weekend Riverpark Inn should be on the top of your list. The Value and Service make this place a keeper.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Gilbert AZ
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Our group enjoyed the wonderful service we received from the hotel. We liked the picnic dinner they prepared for us and the breakfast was good too. Great location, great value and friendly people. What more can you ask for!

• Stayed May 2010
santa monica
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I am a tv show producer and needed to get my cast and crew accommodations on the fly.

We have stayed at over 30 hotels already on this tour,and this was the best hotel we stayed at. The rooms were nice, service excellent, and the hotel was on a large piece of land so it felt very secluded and peaceful. The cast keeps asking me if we can stay there again but unfortunately I think the only one is in Tucson. I wish they had chains like this

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We needed a cheap hotel for an overnight trip to Tucson, just a place to sleep and take a shower. We found the Riverpark Inn to fit our needs perfectly. It was clean, easy to find and close to downtown. It is right next to the freeway, but the big wall keeps most of the noise away. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, we were checked in and out quickly. There were not many people staying there, but there was a lovely bride having her photos taken in the courtyard when we checked out on Saturday morning. The pool area is quite nice and clean. There is a bar area and tennis courts and I thought it would be a nice place for a reception. Our room was clean and not smelly. It is a an older hotel, but we thought it had been nicely maintained. There is a free breakfast, but we didn't make it there to check it out. We all agreed that we would stay there again on another trip to Tucson

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Ojai, CA
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I was very impressed with The Riverpark Inn. It was clean, well maintained and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and it was just a few minutes from downtown and the University of Arizona, which we were visiting. It also has excellent facilities for business meetings.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I am a world business traveller and usually stay in 4-5 star hotels. Being Australian I am fairly adaptable and reasonable. We stayed at the Riverpark Inn for 6 nights and found little to complain about. Sure the closet door kept coming off the tracks but the room was clean and any issues I had were dealt with promptly and in a professional manner. The staff were very good and helpful.

A couple of areas that I thought could use attention are:-
* The business centre comprised a single computer next to the check in desk and while demand was not high it would have been better located in a room where entries could not be seen by all an sundry.
* The hot breakfast was repetative especially for someone staying longer than 2 days and a bit more variety would have been useful. Having said that the quality was OK.
* It would have been useful if room service/the on site restaurant was available for evening meals.

All in all a reasonable experience and value for money. While I have no immediate plans to return to Tucson I would recommend this hotel to travellers.

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple