Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall
Ranked #68 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was a great hotel. We stayed for 3 nights. Its very close to the mall and several restaurants are within walking distance. There is also a Starbucks right down the street (could walk there too). The hotel staff was very professional. Cecilia was extremely helpful while I stayed there.
I stayed in a suite which was very comfortable and spacious. It included a wet bar with fridge, sink and microwave. They included plates and silverware and even a bag of popcorn. The room included a pull out couch, bed, and desk. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows.

We spent a lot of time in the pool. Its a good size with a hot tub as well. Plenty of tables, lounge chairs and space. The view of the mountain from the pool is great!

Free breakfast every morning. Was GREAT! Make your own waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, fruit..everything you need! In fact we passed up lunch almost every day because breakfast was so filling. The breakfast area is a big area with plenty of tables and space as well.

Dont forget free Wi-Fi. Worked like a charm.

I debated coming here or going to a resort with the kid slides etc but Im so glad I came here. It was perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank guesstraveler
Karin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much "guesstraveler" for your wonderful review! AND giving us 5 STARS!! I totally appreciate that you went into such great detail about what made your stay such a success. All of us staff are so glad your visit went beyond your expectations and we truly hope when you are back in Tucson you'll come visit us again. Safe travels to you always.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a really nice hotel. The lobby is very clean and well maintained. I had a King Suite and it looked like it had been recently remodeled. The room was very clean and smelled nice and fresh when I walked in. I got a really good nights sleep as it was very quiet there at night. The morning breakfast selection was pretty good. The only downside was that they might want to consider getting more tables in the dining room because 2 of the 3 mornings I went down there to eat there were people standing at the counter because all the tables were occupied. The service I received from the staff was very good. Upon checkout I was greeted by the general manager and she was extremely friendly and was honestly interested in how my stay was and how it could be better. When I return to Tucson, I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Karin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you Ryan for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We truly appreciate you lodging with us and we hope you will return when you are in Tucson.

Many, many Thanks!!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed here many times and am a loyal HIE customer and a Platinum IHG Rewards Club member. I have never had an unpleasant stay here. I was delighted on my recent visit to discover that the hotel has been renovated since my last stay about a year ago. It looks great--very new and fresh, as was my room. As other reviewers have pointed out, it is next door to a stock yard where it is not uncommon to hear cows mooing, but this is not at all unpleasant to me. The hotel is very attractive and appears a bit more interesting and upscale than other HIE hotels where I have stayed. Their breakfast here cannot be beat--it's the best I've ever had at a HIE hotel, and this is consistent on every one of my visits. No other similar hotel I've been to offers as much variety in the way of hot and cold foods as they do.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Karin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
"Thank You" Raphael W for taking the time to write the wonderful review. We are so glad you loved our new look, our clean rooms and our variety of foods on our breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful summer.
Cedar Park, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing like taking a big swig of your milk at breakfast and it coming out in chunks. Cody at the front desk is the worst customer service person ever encountered at a holiday inn in my 5 years of travel

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank keithhudgins
Hello Mr. Hudgins; we are truly sorry that you had to experience soured milk. As you were aware, the milk was not expired. We have begun testing the milk every morning since your encounter, to ensure no one else has to go through this ever again. As being the new General Manager I have taken all your comments to heart and implemented a few more steps in the other departments to exceed guests expectations on customer service.

We do hope you return to see the changes we have made.

Thanks again for sharing your concerns Mr. Hudgins, and again we are terribly sorry for the event you experienced.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Nice tidy hotel, looks like it was recently renovated. Big clean rooms, excellent pool area with guest bbq. Fairly good free breakfast in very clean breakfast room. Close to mall and restaurants. Plenty of free parking. Good value for money.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you are able to return soon. Have a great summer.
Tucson
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at this property for two nights while we had some construction going on at our home. When I arrived, the front desk merely told me about breakfast and they sent me on my way. I went to my room and unpacked. I turned on the TV only to realize that it was only getting one channel. I called the front desk to ask if the cable was out. They informed me that the TVs were acting up due to the renovations going on in the hotel. I asked if the TV would work later and she told me it would not. She was acting like this was no big deal. I asked about the next step as I wanted a working TV and she didn't seem to have any idea. I asked if another room would have a working TV and she said maybe. I could come down and pick up the keys to another room to try it out.

I went to the front desk and waited in line to get the keys.

The front desk clerk gave me the keys for a room on the first floor. This TV also had issues - different issues but problems just the same. The room was also a downgrade from my reservation.

I went back to the front desk and waited in line. This time I was helped by another person although the original clerk I was dealing with was sitting there. The new clerk listened to the story. She asked if I had touched anything in my original room. I told her I had unpacked. She said she just wanted to know if she could re rent it when I moved. Apparently, they had no problem renting the room again even with a non-functional TV. She gave me keys to another room. I guess it was my job to run all over the hotel looking for a room with a working TV. I'm not sure why this was my job. I'm the customer that thought they were renting a decent room in a nationally recognized chain.

This room had a TV that worked. I moved my belongings and returned the keys to the front desk. If this room had not worked out, I was leaving. It is crazy to think that people wouldn't care about having a working TV. For that matter, we didn't know the hotel was under renovation when we booked the reservation. It was completely unacceptable to send a customer to multiple rooms to resolve an issue that they should not have to be dealing with at all.

All three of the rooms were clean. Breakfast at the hotel was fine. Service was the problem. Even when I checked out, they didn't care enough to ask about my stay. They just said "you are all set".

Room Tip: Don't stay at this property until the renovations are done.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson Mall, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear pshajh,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly work very hard to ensure our guests receive the very best service we can provide each and every day. Please accept our deepest apologies that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a fantastic and very well maintained Hotel. They are currently going thru renovations at the time I am writing this. Nov 2013. Upgraded rooms and TV's. Very Nice. It was a little distracting staying there when this is going on. The wireless and wired internet did not work for my 3 day stay as well as the new TV's were a challenge, as the remote didnt work and the TV kept changing channels on its own. Other than that once completed this will be a top notch hotel. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: The side where I stayed had a small farm and you heard the cows and sheep.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business