“Enjoyed the ambiance and the meal, but..”
Review of Cafe Poca Cosa

Cafe Poca Cosa
Ranked #43 of 2,121 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Presidio
Reviewed 18 January 2017

After I ate lunch here, I read about how packed it is. Maybe I showed up at the end of lunchtime, but I was seated quickly.
In general, I am not crazy about restaurants with menus that change, written on blackboards. I like some staples and then a few specials as choices, rather than all specials.
The salsa they put on the table is wonderful, and for restaurants of that type, they get it...people still like chips and salsa.
What I did not like was having lunch choices that were all priced more at the level of dinner entrees. That said, the plate was beautifully arranged and there was a very generous portion. I left with about a third of the mole I ordered..
I am calling it mid-range, because it seemed a bit more than a usual lunch menu, though as I said, portions were generous.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Food was excellent. Definitely worth a try. Menu is always changing and never the same. Restaurant seems to always be busy, so prepare to wait a bit, but food was worth it.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent! Menu changes daily. Large portions. Great margaritas. Service and environs are welcoming.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Ate here once for a business meeting. I was so impressed I wanted to take my family back to enjoy it. The "menu" is a chalkboard that changes daily. Wait staff brings it over and walks you through the day's options. I highly recommend you go with the chefs plate. Chef randomly pics three of the menu items and puts them all on one plate. Going with family is the best because we got to try so many different entrees. The food is soooo good!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

This is my go to place when visiting the Old Pueblo. I've been coming here for over 20 years. Some of the best margaritas and food you will find anywhere in the US. Usually very busy so would recommend making a reservation. While dining go out of your comfort zone and try something different. You won't be disappointed.