“No Place Else Beats It”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
“No Place Else Beats It”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I discovered Robert's Restaurant when I lived in Tucson in the mid 90's and became a regular customer. I have since moved away but eat breakfast there everytime I'm in Tucson. The breakfast is exceptional with generous portions and delicious homemade toast (they make bread on site every day). I highly recommend the homemade cinnamon rolls. The wait staff are friendly and attentive always checking in to make sure your good on coffee. You can't beat the price and value.

Visited September 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Homemade Breakfast Everyday.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

No frills, nothing fancy just plain good food! Everything is made from scratch. They even make their own bread for the toast & sandwiches. Try the jalapeno bread it’s really great!
Good biscuits & gravy. Open for breakfast & lunch only. Clean environment and a fun wait staff. Everyone is friendly Even the customers talk to each other whether they know you or not. Feels like a small town diner. Counter, booth & table seating are available. Restaurant seats about 50 people, so it’s not a large place. We went there during the week and got a table right away. Can’t say what “Prime Time” breakfast seating would be like on the weekend. You may have a bit of a wait. So…..Breakfast anyone? Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
Sun City, Arizona, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The serving was huge and the food was great. Just a small hometown dive, nothing fancy..... but great food and prices make it worth the trip!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nancy Z
Tucson, Arizona
“friendly, tasty, good value”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I'd make this my go-to place if it weren't for the so-so coffee. It was hot and black and came in a nice solid mug, but the flavor was missing. However, I will say that when I walked in and looked around I was met with a "go ahead and find a seat anywhere, we'll be right with you" from a friendly waitress who made me feel welcome. The crowd was white and old, which is pretty much where I fit in. Definitely not the post-hangover diner. A woman next to me complimented my shoes; there were a number of solo diners. I ordered the easiest thing on the menu because I was in a hurry (#1 - eggs, toast, meat) and got delicious eggs scrambled just right, two thick slabs of tasty rye bread, and one turkey sausage patty about 10 minutes later. Tasty and my total with a generous tip was $6. The atmosphere was quiet but there was plenty of chatting. My waitress was professional and very friendly. Maybe I am just getting old but it sure beats the too-cool-for-school vibe at places like Bobo's (which is right down the street).

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jdog17
tucson
“Where are the blueberries?”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Been eating breakfast at Roberts for years. Today I decided to try the pie and had blueberry. Where are the berries? The slice was 90% blueberry colored thickener with a few berries present. Worst blueberry pie ever!
I would imagine all their fruit pies will be the same.

• Visited May 2013