“Great Food - Great Ambiance - Great Price”

Caruso's Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 2,091 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, View, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

been 34 years since last visited and am happy to report nothing has changed -same owners, professional staff, great food at a great price and the ambiance, both indoors and out is superb. i love the strings of hanging light bulbs outside in the patio -'that's italian'!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Please keep in mind that this review is based on my taste on the night I was there. Your mileage may vary...

I had the meatball & ravioli special. The dish was huge with four large ravioli and two large meatballs in a red meat sauce. The dish was then covered in cheese and melted. The sauce was a touch sweet with a peppery finish. I enjoyed it and it was cooked perfectly. Others at my table had other dishes that they said they enjoyed as well. The place was mobbed and parking in downtown Tucson is the pits. Then too we waited for a table for 25 minutes. It was however worth the wait, but the restaurant is is a tad noisy when it's busy. The service though was very good and relaxed and not pushy. We will probably go back at a less busy time.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a family-owned restaurant that dates back to the 1930s. Just about everything is homemade, from their pastas to their fabulous white sauce of garlic, fresh herbs, mushrooms, and wine. Their Shrimp Mediterranean is to die for! I live in the shrimp fishing capital of Puerto Penasco, Mexico, and this is the only place I'll eat shrimp anywhere inland. There's also an excellent Penne and Eggplant Parmigiana for vegetarians. Atmosphere is cozy, romantic, good for couples, friends, families, or even solo. If the weather is nice, have your meal on their beautiful patio!

1  Thank KELA4sisters
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was so excited to eat here w/my family b/c I grew up loving this restaurant. Unfortunately, it's nothing like I remember. The ambiance is the exact same which is kind of cool but totally outdated and the food...well, it's the exact same in some ways but terribly disappointing in others. The salad was just as I recall and the dressing is fantastic but the lasagna which used to be amazing, just isn't. It tated like Chef Boyardee and gave us all horrible heart burn. I was so sad...it's obvious that things have gone down hill since I was young. Sadly, I don't plan to revisit again.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Caruso's is a favorite place of mine to celebrate Birthday dinners and other special occasions. The chicken parmigiana is delicious as are the stuffed pasta shells. The chicken parmigiana is covered with a red sauce and baked with a variety of cheeses and a light topping of mushrooms. Most dinners come with an antipasto salad with a delicious Italian dressing. If you get salad request extra dressing on the side as it is that good. The only negative I have for this restaurant is that they do not serve Coke products, but RC products. I hate RC so I order lemon water instead of a diet coke. Please start carrying Coke products.

Been to Caruso's Restaurant? Share your experiences!