“That bread...”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
ttr25
“That bread...”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Oh my goodness, that bread was freaking fantastic! I ordered a 1/2 Club and it was larger than most other full sandwiches and it delicious. We want to go back for more. My husband had the C.A.B and he said it was really good. They had ice-cold Anchor Steam on tap. The service was great and the prices were reasonable.

• Visited October 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The Sandwich Was Bigger than My Head”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

And while my head is not huge/gargantuan - it's home to a decent-sized skull, I think. The adjective 'HUGE' if often overused or hyperbolic, but not in this case.
The two sandwiches (grilled cheese, chicken/avocado) were tasty and warm and actually, the biggest sandwiches I have ever seen, personally. There is a half-sandwich option, but really, I only get one go-around on Earth, so who has time for that?
The chips were fresh and the server knew to include ice in my drink order (grapefruit juice), so I was excited before the spaceship-sized food arrived.
Clean, intimate, hip, affordable, and worth every penny of the positive word-of-mouth advertising I had heard.

• Visited October 2013
“Great food and atmosphere on 4th Ave in Tucson”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I really loved this place. I had the CAB (Chicken and Bacon?) sandwich. First off, this sandwich is like two sandwiches put together. Each piece of bread is easily as big as two normal slices. The sandwich was not just freakishly large, but super tasty as well. The chicken and bacon were delicious; however, the real star of the sandwich was the russian dressing that was made with honey. It was just sweet enough to really set off the salty bacon, but not so much that it overpowered everything else. My dining partner had a Reuben and proclaimed it to be one of the best he had ever had. That means a lot coming from two Omaha guys. Reubens were invented in Omaha, and are very popular there. I am in Tucson for another two weeks, and will have to make a return trip to Bison Witches.

• Visited August 2013
“OMG so good”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My favorite place to eat in the university area. The sandwiches are all great and they have soup in a bread bowl! Get the combo to get the best of both worlds! I also love the chips con queso! They do have a bar, but I have not used it. Oh, and expect to wait as the place is always packed! Being on 4th ave there is not a lot of seating... they do have a patio but don't use it in the summer :)

Visited September 2012
Tucson
“One of our favorite places to eat!”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife and I at least eat lunch here once a month. Huge, tasty sandwiches and terrific soup served in a bread bowl. They also have a large beer selection and great drink specials. Go a little off the lunch rush because the long wait outside in the afternoon sun can be grueling.

Visited March 2013