“Tucson's Best New Restaraunt - AWESOME”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Settlement - CLOSED

The Settlement
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Southwestern, Barbecue, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tucson, Arizona
“Tucson's Best New Restaraunt - AWESOME”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Bone-in is now among my favorite 5 restaraunts in Tucson. I'll give you the good & the bad. Firs the good. Bone-in has incredible food. Everything is homemade, and their ranch salad dressing is made with a green chile twist, and it's simply incredible (order extra with your salad - trust me). Their steaks are clearly a cut-above ... well-marbled, flavorful and cooked to order with near perfection. Their outdoor seating area is awesome. In fact, it's one of the best in Tucson. They have a great location, right at the base of the Rincons. So, you can relax & unwind on the patio with a glass of wine and have unobstructed mountain views.

The negatives. Bone-in's wine list is pathetic. They need to up the wine selection in a BIG way. They have just a few selections. Getting out of the parking lot is awkward, too. The interior setting is lowball, somewhat akin to the Golden Corral, with the dingy thin carpet and Pinesol smell. Be wary of ordering shrimp with your steak - it's the basic fried shrimp that comes frozen, not fresh, so avoid them.

So, my recommendation is to eat here. But, restrict your visit to outdoor seating, stick to steaks & chops, and be prepared for a limited wine selection. Given those, you'll be fine, and you'll get some incredible views too.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank SWAZUS

Tucson, Arizona
“Good Food for a Good Price but don't be in a hurry”
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This restaurant has been open for about 4 months- it was a an American
cuisine restaurant in a prior life so I imagine the new owner is going to make
a go of it. The menu was simple- a modest set of selections which I liked.
And the prices were decent for dinner. At first they placed us in toward the
back of restaurant where it was dark and out of the way and i just wasn't in
the mood- I can barely see these days as it is. The host was a little
perplexed with my request to move to a better lighted spot but found a nice booth for us.
Johnathan (I think) was the server and he seemed busy but was fairly attentive.
They were out of chicken fried steak so my grandson had to settle for their
large and well dressed hamburger- 100% ground chuck- which he enjoyed. I had the fried chicken breast which was also good and my wife had the Sunday special Prime Rib which frankly looked good and my wife confirmed that it tasted good as well.
Our only problem was that it took them quite a while to deliver the goods- not sure if it was just one of those nights or if this is a systemic problem. We will give them another shot- I'm going to try their Pork Lovers Delight sandwich- pulled bbq pork, smoked pork sausage and smoked bacon with cheese- wow. My doctor will be pleased.

• Visited February 2011