“Perfect experience!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Perfect experience!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Amazing food, amazing atmosphere, wonderful staff and the best Bloody Mary I've ever had! Our waitress was Cassie and she was so sweet and attentive! The chef himself even came out to our table to check on us. We will be back many, many times.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank AmyLouB

Tucson
“Damper on Father's Day dinner”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I've been so pleased with the new Settlement Restaurant in the past, from the excellent Bar Manager, happy hour offerings and server attentiveness, to the thoughtful visit from Peter to check that you're happy with your order. So much so, that I've previously given it a great review. However, last night my husband ordered the Prime Rib and I ordered the "Settlement specialty" Gaucho Steak cooked medium+. My steak arrived well-done and was tougher than boot leather, albeit the biscuits, baked potatoes, beans, veggies and the prime rib were perfect. When our server asked how everything was, I reluctantly told him that my steak was tough. He went back to the kitchen to talk with someone and returned to tell me that he was told that that particular steak is tough when cooked that way. That's fine, but I would recommend that the kitchen staff let the servers know these things ahead of time as part of their education or at the time they get the order in the kitchen, knowing that the order will fall well short of satisfactory. The customer can then be informed and will have the option to go ahead and order it that way or change their order. For $26.95 (or $24.95?) I was only able to eat a biscuit, grilled veggies and a baked potato. What was further disappointing was that there was no semblance of regret or an offer to make it right in any way...just the bill. I really want the Settlement to be successful, since I'm a big supporter of new business in Tucson, and it would be nice to keep a steakhouse in that part of town, however unfortunately, that experience left us with a negative impression. The ratings here are only for this visit. Sorry Settlement, I've otherwise been a big fan.

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank Barbie M
SmokinAnnie, General Manager at The Settlement, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Barbie, Please accept my humble apology for your less than perfect experience. None of our steaks should be tough, and the response from your server was not acceptable. As a customer you know we always want you to have the best time and take pride in providing the best food. I'd sincerely like to make it up to you . Please contact me at the restaurant and give me an opportunity to earn your business!

Kindest Regards,
Annie
Seattle, Washington
“Lovely location, yummy food.”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

OK, you had me at freshly baked biscuits with honey and butter. You continued to woo me with a thirst quenching margarita. Then you served me up a really delicious green salad in a tortilla shell for dinner. I ate it all up and knew that I would come again when we visited our friends in Tucson.

We were warmly greeted and received really attentive service at The Settlement. It was our first stop on our SW road trip and a suggested dinner spot by our friends who live nearby. Since we left Seattle's gray weather behind just that morning, we were excited to be in a warm and scenic spot where we could catch up with friends.

We'll be back on our next visit...maybe ribs next time!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank grollett
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have been a few times since the change to new managers and every time has been wonderful. The ribs are the best in town! Ill be back again soon.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Robert M
Tucson
“Attentive service but the food comes up short”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This particular location seems to have attracted mediocre dining establishments lately. However The Settlement is an improvement over its last incarnation as The Bone-In Steakhouse. The service was attentive and definitely trying to please. The attention to details was lacking from the wrong salad dressing to a definitely medium steak when medium rare was requested. The steak was tougher and smaller than the price warranted. On the plus side, there was an excellent cowboy singer on the patio which has wonderful views. We'll try it again since there is some potential there ( and it's close).

Visited May 2013
2 Thank AZRPM
SmokinAnnie, Manager at The Settlement, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
AZRPM, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy that you've seen an improvement from the visit you had at the Bone-In, but I am concerned that your experience was less then the stellar. I would love to offer you the experience you deserve, so please feel free to contact me directly at the restaurant.
Warmest Regards,