“Casual Cafe for Tasty Greek Food”

Pelio Grill Greek Taverna & Catering
Ranked #553 of 2,136 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This casual, family-owned restaurant is in the Main Gate Shopping area adjacent to the University of Arizona. We visited for early lunch over summer break on a weekend when there weren't many students around and parking in the decks on Euclid Avenue is free (they also validate evenings after 5pm). The restaurant wasn't crowded and we were greeted enthusiastically and seated right away. You can sit indoors or outside on the sidewalk patio. The menu has a great selection of traditional Mediterranean/Greek dishes, including several vegetarian choices. We ordered salad, veggie pita, grilled shrimp kabob platter, and a side of hummus. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was attractively presented. Everything tasted good; we particularly enjoyed the grilled veggies but the hummus was a little thin for our taste. It was so nice to eat at a place where I truly felt like they appreciate their customers - I'm sure we will be back.

1  Thank CrankingChick

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Myself and four others ate here and all thoroughly enjoyed their meals. The Greek sausage was spicy but very good, as was the gyro. Skip the potatoes and get the grilled vegetables

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a quick and healthy place to eat--this is the ticket

The food was very good. I would get any salad with the dressing on side

Service was fast and very pleasant

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Sat outside at this corner restaurant next to the University of Arizona. Probably the best thing was the service. The waitress was very attentive. I ordered a salad and it was more lettuce than anything else. The meat on top had a good flavor there just wasn't much of it in proportion to the lettuce. However. The peach tea was a surprise. I didn't order it, but was brought it by mistake. It was a good mistake.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Didn't know anything about the place so I settled into a chair at a sidewalk table and scanned the menu.

Can't remember the last time I visited a Greek restaurant.

I ordered a gyro sandwich that was very good. It came with fries.

It was nice sitting there with a nice view of the campus. Yeah, it was a good dining experience. The lady that served me was courteous and cheerful.

I didn't have to wait long for my order to arrive.

I was glad I picked the Pelio Grill.

Good food. Fast service.