“Delightful patio lunch”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Enjoyed lunch on the covered patio on this Sunday early afternoon. There was a brunch, but the patio was open seating and we could choose the brunch buffet or order off the menu. We choose the menu option.
The garden and lawn view is lovely. Table settings, comfortable chairs and efficient, friendly service added to the delightful experience. I had the BLT trio appetizer for my meal and my husband enjoyed the Hanger steak entree.
After lunch, we took a little time to stroll the grounds and to check out the gift shop and the main lobby. On the walls are some photos of prior guests from years gone by-Gary Cooper, Eleanor and Delano Roosevelt to name a few. And the restrooms? beautifully appointed.
This Inn would be a lovely place for a vacation or even an overnight stay. And, the secluded location in the middle of Tucson is a plus.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We went with another couple to celebrate my birthday. The ambiance is wonderful, service attentive, & food top knotch! The wine pairing 5 course meal was delicious, & perfect to allow for socializing. If you're looking for a memorable experience you will want to consider this hidden gem in the middle of the city!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great atmosphere and outdoor seating as well. Outdoor seating is covered so it does not matter if it rains!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We sat out on the patio for lunch. It was so nice and relaxing. I ordered the chicken salad with fresh blueberries, raspberries, melon, pineapple. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount and quality of the fresh fruit. It was one of my favorite lunches in Tucson. My husband enjoyed his sandwich. The restaurant was moderately busy, it looks like a popular lunch spot for professionals. The service was good. I wish we had time for dinner there!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This place is for a nice relaxing meal with friends or for couples. It is a bit pricy: (lunch menu) drinks average $12, appetizers $12, meals $16 and dessert $8. But it is WORTH IT - all of the food was incredibly good. The service is attentive but classy - (ie more respectful than friendly) having a good knowledge of the menu, keeping water glasses full, bringing food out at right time. The décor is quiet and lush with a wall of garden windows in a historic hotel that has been maintained with love and care. DO EAT HERE if you want a classy, delicious meal in Tucson.

I had lunch with 6 friends - everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food and drinks. We started with drinks and appetizers -The mojitos were refreshing, the various margaritas different and fun, and the wine list yielded many good choices. We shared appetizers - the roasted Brussels sprouts with goat cheese panna cotta and the vegetable spring rolls - both were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious - even if you wouldn't normally eat Brussels sprouts - you should try these. The arugula and edamame soup was ok and had a nice lemon taste but it is a puree rather than the broth with bean I expected. The wedge salad was very good but really is a 'side' dish - it is too small as a meal in itself. The shrimp salad is actually a spinach salad with shrimp but it had excellent flavor and the shrimp are perfectly cooked. The cobb salad with avocado dressing was delicious and plentiful. The chicken salad was also very good and presented with the perfect complement of berries and fruit. Three ladies had the BLT appetizer as a meal and there was not a speck left on any plate; they were that good. We shared three desserts: orange cake, black and white cake, and a trio of homemade ice cream and they were all incredibly well made and delicious.

My only complaint is that I called 30 minutes before we arrived so they could set up the table for 7 but they wouldn't do it 'in case someone else gets there first'. It is summer in Tucson - restaurants are scrambling to bring in the locals - when I called last week to ask about reservations (they don't take them in the bar) they told me the bar was empty and when I called 30 minutes before arriving 'Nicole' said 'there is no one back there right now so you won't have any problem getting in'.....so why not set the table and have it ready for us? (I know this is whining so I didn't count it against them but the little extra attention would have been nice).