“Good food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Joe's Crab Shack
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pasco, Washington
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Do not know why there are so many bad reviews. We had good service and good food. Nothing real special but nothing to complain about.if you do not like southern cried seafood, don't order it.

• Visited November 2013

San Simon, Arizona, United States
“Stay away from the Fried Maine Lobster!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have eaten at Joe's many times. I usually order one of the steam buckets. Anytime in the past, if I ordered one of the buckets that contained lobster, they were WAYYYYY over cooked and very tiny. More like large shrimp if you ask me. However, when I saw their commercial for their seasonal specialty of Fried Southern Maine Lobster I really wanted to try it. I mean, if you're going to market it as a seasonal specialty it has to be good right? Oh was I soooo wrong!!! First off, it looks nothing like what is shown in the commercial, you receive only a few extra tiny pieces of something with a very burnt breading on it, and it is so salty that you can't eat it. I tend to like salty food, actually I love salt. But this was really really bad! Not only was it salty but it was so overcooked that it didn't even have any of the lobster texture left inside. If you can imagine leaving a lobster tail out in the Arizona sun all summer, that is what this would be like. I'm not even exaggerating. Everyone at our table ordered this and nobody liked it at all. Personally, I will never go back to Joe's again. This place used to stay somewhat busy but for the past couple of years it is always dead. There is a good reason people are not going there anymore! Oh, and our server came off really fake, like he was trying too hard to be upbeat and funny. It was pretty ridiculous and I felt embarrased for him.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Scoti M
Lynchburg, Tennessee
“Sucks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

They wouldn't know good food if it was given to them. They didn't seem too concerned about it either.
Overpriced, greasy not very good quality.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank artschuerger
Bandon, OR
“Overcooked Lobster”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a delightful restaurant that specializes in crab, so when I ordered lobster, I expected it to be bigger and not overcooked. It still was fun, but the main reason we went there was we found it to be open after a movie on a Sunday night. I don't think we would go again. The service was fine, but the prices were a bit high. The place was practically empty, but I can imagine the place can get pretty wild and noisy when they are busy, and with all the souvenirs on sale, it is probably popular with tourists. It is more of a phenomenon than a great place to eat.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GoodKarmaTraveler
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Joe's Crab Shack”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My family and I have been to Joe's Crab Shack before. The place is still okay, the food good and tasty, but I feel a little too pricey for this place. I prefer the Joe's Crab Shack in San Antonio Riverwalk and Houston. JCS is still better than Red Lobster!!

Visited September 2013