“Perfect for a special occasion!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flying-V Bar & Grill

Flying-V Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying-V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,971 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Tucson, Arizona
“Perfect for a special occasion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I got to eat at the Flying V for my twelfth birthday and it was so special! I love the chocolate cake and the chili and cornbread. Everything was delicious. The Chef is really nice too!

• Visited November 2013

Ontario, CA
“Not a BBQ place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We spent a night in Tucson while visiting the area and used TA to find a BBQ place....the first one up was this. It didn't appreciate that it was a restaurant in the largest resort in Tucson until too late (my fault). After a long drive there (as we weren't staying in the resort) we discovered that it wasn't a BBQ place or a Southwest food experience. However, the food and service was still quite good and if we had been staying in the resort we would have been very pleased with the fare.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cazenovia, New York
“dinner for 14”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

popped in with a large group. took us no problem and we had
excellent service with an outside area to ourselves. well done

Visited October 2013
1 Thank bill s
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent Food--Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We just returned to our Tucson home after dining at the Flying V this evening. I must commend this restaurant's staff for preparing, presenting, and serving an outstanding meal. Both my wife and I ordered the rack of lamb. It was prepared to perfection and served with delicious sides. I thoroughly enjoyed the spaghetti squash side.

While this may seem trivial it was important to me: being bald, I always wear a hat. When we were seated a young gentleman took my hat and after dinner our server graciously retried it. Not a big deal to most, but very important to me. My wife and I have dined at most of Tucson's fine dining locations. The Flying V is the only one that exceeded and surpassed our expectations. We will definitely return! The Flying V will be a dining spot whenever out of town guests come to our home.

We started our meal with guacamole prepared tableside. We had our choice of ingredients including the addition of habanero and jalapeno chile. My wife was concerned that they might be too spicy for her so the chef graciously let me sample this addition. I thought it was great, but definitely too hot for my wife. The chef, kindly gave me some on the side. A small touch, but again greatly appreciated. The entire dinner had that attribute: small acts of courtesy added to make our dining experience enjoyable.

If you live in Tucson or are visiting the Old Pueblo you will not be disappointed if you spend an evening at the Flying V at Loews Ventana Canyon.

Falmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a really nice, friendly place to eat with the superb service. We had steaks to die for and a bottle of Arizona red wine that was a real surprise. not too expensive either.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Flying-V Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!