“Huge Selection of Tea!”
Review of The Scented Leaf

The Scented Leaf
Ranked #733 of 2,121 Restaurants in Tucson
Reviewed 26 May 2015

This Tea lounge has teas on tap! It has a huge selection of fresh tea to choose from and has the favorites ready to go on tap. Cool, relaxing vibe, helpful and friendly staff, and delicious desserts round out this tea spot just outside the University of Arizona gates!

Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

I walked by this delightful little looking shop with high expectations. It was crowded and the line was long but I waited. I entered and noticed they have tons of fresh leaf tea choices. You can order hot, cold, or smoothie type T shakes. I went ahead and ordered a cold jasmine green leaf tea with lemon. The girl took the fresh jasmine tea and time to the steeping for one minute. She squeeze the juice of half a lemon into my cup. Needless to say my tea was no darker than slightly colored water and way overloaded with lemon. Manager offered to redo it when I made a comment, but again the steeping time was less than one minute. I can barely taste the jasmine tea. He gave me both teas and I left without much satisfaction. Maybe next time I stop by this place I will last for 3 to 5 minute steeping time which is pasted all over the Internet for the appropriate timing. If you do go and try this place, add a odd hour not lunch as it was overrun with a lot of students and not much seating available. Still a cute little place and a wonderful idea. Hope they can up the ante so that my hopes can get their desire.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This cozy little tea house is just west of main gate, on the north side of University, and has about a dozen tables, plus a couple of couches. Very friendly and genuine staff members who know their teas. I've gotten in the habit of studying and drinking a pot of tea ($4) which comes with milk or in my case heavy cream in a pitcher. They will blend teas (for example, the other day I was recommended green jasmine and rooibos) in whatever combination you desire. I am no tea guru but I've tried green teas all over town and this is better than most. The prices for single tea are comparable, 3.50 for an iced green tea, for example. They also serve homemade sweet things (chocolate mousse pie) which I would love to try but am low-carbing currently. As for the ambience, it's a mellow, mac-loving, youngish crowd for the most part. Usually quiet but sometimes there is banter and such. I sit in there for up to two hours with one pot of tea and have never been told, "hey man can you, like, buy something else or leave." So that is very cool. My only slight complaint is I wish it were quieter without the piped in music which, because I'm nearing fifty, seems too loud to me. Well, you can't have everything, now can you?

1  Thank Jean C

Been to The Scented Leaf? Share your experiences!