“Clean Rooms, Friendly Service, Well-Maintained Property”

Residence Inn Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #64 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Florida
“Clean Rooms, Friendly Service, Well-Maintained Property”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We're finishing up a six day stay here. Every person we have met has been friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. The hotel is well located. Breakfasts have been very fresh and generous, work out facility has free weights, workout bench, treadmills and elliptical. Complimentary receptions M-W have been very good. Wi-fi in rooms and good speed. Overall, excellent stay and great value.

Green Features: They recycle, also have sticker for dishwasher so they don't run them every day. Cute signs about keeping your towels so they don't need to be washed every day.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jackandsuetravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Since this hotel first opened I have held business meetings here, probably 15-20 of them with anywhere from 10-25 people attending from out of town and staying at the hotel. Across the board everybody has been very, very happy with the rooms and the service and not a single complaint. Not one. The staff is extraordinary and takes care of everything and everyone. There seems to be little or no turnover in staff. It is always the same really great people. I travel a lot in my work and this is my favorite hotel. I only wrote one review before, but felt I had to write this one. When my house flooded and we had to move out, I stayed at this hotel. I base my review on my stay and mainly from what I have been told by people who attended our meetings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Robert S
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We pre-paid our room (reserved through 800#) as it was nearing Gem Show time. We arrived after 6 hours on the road, with our 16-year old dog, and were given a paper to sign about having a pet (I disclosed the dog at time of arrival). At no time were we told of a $100 pet fee, until the bill appeared under the door on checkout day. I called the front desk and was told "it was in the document you signed" - my bad for not reading it. (Our dog did no damage, never barked either). I stewed a couple of days and then, after receiving a standard email inquiring about my stay, I called the manager. I did not expect him to remove the charge - I just wanted him to know that I minded not being verbally informed, but he removed it just the same.

Now, about the hotel: clean, quiet, convenient. Although it's right off of Broadway, it's set back so you don't get the road noise. Our room was kept fresh and clean, and the common areas are all very well taken care of. Nice amenities, indoor/outdoor fireplace, nice pool...

Will definitely stay here, or at the Courtyard next door. Both are by Marriott, so I know they'll take good care of me.

But a special shout out to the general manager of the Residence Inn, who really "gets" customer service!

Room Tip: Ground floor room was amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank NikkiAnamCara
Maryland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We chose this Marriott property because it was close to a bike rental shop - which was close to Saguaro National Park. We arrived sans car. We stayed for 1 night in a nice, clean 1BR suite with fully equipped kitchen (which we never used).

Fast WiFi and free hot breakfast to fuel up for our bike trip. The breakfast room was packed with hungry families there for a tennis tournament in town. The staff hustled to keep the buffet stocked and happily complied with a demand for a carton of milk to be warmed (I would've told the customer to sit on it - literally).

The hotel is centrally located, which is good and bad. There's nothing worth seeing that's particularly close by, but it's equal distance to attractions in any direction. It's off a major east-west road lined by every imaginable (or feared) chain store. It's 15-20 mins from the University.

Bottom line, nice hotel in Dullsville.

Room Tip: I second the suggestion to stay clear of rooms overlooking the basketball court - it could be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BFRMaryland
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Our Club as well as several others stayed here for the Ft. Lowell Shootout tournament. The staff was absolutely fabulous from reservation to check out. Traveling with a group of girls aged 9-12 doing what little girls do at hotels, usually has staff on edge. The parents met nightly and consumed what parents do. Though we weren't obnoxious, we were far from whispering. We didn't get the slightest bit of negativity from any of the staff. The rooms were clean, and stocked with all the necessary amenities needed for an extended stay. FREE Wi Fi in the rooms, huge plus. Breakfast was good but only 1 waffle iron that had us in line for the first day. The breakfast attendant asked us about our schedule and had several waffles already pre made to get the girls started the following morning (see about great service). This was a great stay with no regrets. Will stay at in the future and recommend to others.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pjcruces
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here for three nights on business trip. Location is ideal being in the business district but the facility does need a facelift. The linen was clean but the kitchen cabinetry and the other furniture in the room needs to be updated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KSA320
Chicago suburbs
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stay at a lot of Residence Inns and this one was pretty typical other than some anomalies such as dirty light switch covers and kitchen cabinetry that was a little dinged up. The linens were clean however and the front desk staff were polite and helpful with restaurant and entertainment suggestions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family