“It's cheaper than a Courtyard but I think it's just as nice.”

Residence Inn Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #63 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Oakland, CA
“It's cheaper than a Courtyard but I think it's just as nice.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I think I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard right next-door to this property last time I was in town. But, because I'm on a special diet, I decided to go for a place with a kitchenette this time.

Also, I practice yoga every morning and I knew with the kitchen that I'd also gain a little more square footage usually taken up by two double beds or a king-size bed in a standard motel room. Thus I have extra space to do some yoga.

Although this place is less expensive than the Courtyard Marriott it has all the amenities I need - fast Wi-Fi in room, fitness room with up-to-date cross trainer and 2 treadmills and a very small selection of weights. It also has a pool.

It has impeccable cleanliness as do all the Marriotts I've ever stayed in. And high standards for maintenance so you know there won't be any scratches or dents on the walls or caulking failing in the bathroom.

All the staff people I've dealt with on this trip have been cheerful, and very helpful.

I would definitely choose to stay here again.

Not only that, but they have lots of restaurants very nearby. In fact, if you found yourself without a car you could easily walk to at least half a dozen restaurants and a number of shops that I can see from my bedroom window.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank mimi_bird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We're finishing up a six day stay here. Every person we have met has been friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. The hotel is well located. Breakfasts have been very fresh and generous, work out facility has free weights, workout bench, treadmills and elliptical. Complimentary receptions M-W have been very good. Wi-fi in rooms and good speed. Overall, excellent stay and great value.

Green Features: They recycle, also have sticker for dishwasher so they don't run them every day. Cute signs about keeping your towels so they don't need to be washed every day.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jackandsuetravel
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Since this hotel first opened I have held business meetings here, probably 15-20 of them with anywhere from 10-25 people attending from out of town and staying at the hotel. Across the board everybody has been very, very happy with the rooms and the service and not a single complaint. Not one. The staff is extraordinary and takes care of everything and everyone. There seems to be little or no turnover in staff. It is always the same really great people. I travel a lot in my work and this is my favorite hotel. I only wrote one review before, but felt I had to write this one. When my house flooded and we had to move out, I stayed at this hotel. I base my review on my stay and mainly from what I have been told by people who attended our meetings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Robert S
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We pre-paid our room (reserved through 800#) as it was nearing Gem Show time. We arrived after 6 hours on the road, with our 16-year old dog, and were given a paper to sign about having a pet (I disclosed the dog at time of arrival). At no time were we told of a $100 pet fee, until the bill appeared under the door on checkout day. I called the front desk and was told "it was in the document you signed" - my bad for not reading it. (Our dog did no damage, never barked either). I stewed a couple of days and then, after receiving a standard email inquiring about my stay, I called the manager. I did not expect him to remove the charge - I just wanted him to know that I minded not being verbally informed, but he removed it just the same.

Now, about the hotel: clean, quiet, convenient. Although it's right off of Broadway, it's set back so you don't get the road noise. Our room was kept fresh and clean, and the common areas are all very well taken care of. Nice amenities, indoor/outdoor fireplace, nice pool...

Will definitely stay here, or at the Courtyard next door. Both are by Marriott, so I know they'll take good care of me.

But a special shout out to the general manager of the Residence Inn, who really "gets" customer service!

Room Tip: Ground floor room was amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank NikkiAnamCara
Maryland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We chose this Marriott property because it was close to a bike rental shop - which was close to Saguaro National Park. We arrived sans car. We stayed for 1 night in a nice, clean 1BR suite with fully equipped kitchen (which we never used).

Fast WiFi and free hot breakfast to fuel up for our bike trip. The breakfast room was packed with hungry families there for a tennis tournament in town. The staff hustled to keep the buffet stocked and happily complied with a demand for a carton of milk to be warmed (I would've told the customer to sit on it - literally).

The hotel is centrally located, which is good and bad. There's nothing worth seeing that's particularly close by, but it's equal distance to attractions in any direction. It's off a major east-west road lined by every imaginable (or feared) chain store. It's 15-20 mins from the University.

Bottom line, nice hotel in Dullsville.

Room Tip: I second the suggestion to stay clear of rooms overlooking the basketball court - it could be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BFRMaryland
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Our Club as well as several others stayed here for the Ft. Lowell Shootout tournament. The staff was absolutely fabulous from reservation to check out. Traveling with a group of girls aged 9-12 doing what little girls do at hotels, usually has staff on edge. The parents met nightly and consumed what parents do. Though we weren't obnoxious, we were far from whispering. We didn't get the slightest bit of negativity from any of the staff. The rooms were clean, and stocked with all the necessary amenities needed for an extended stay. FREE Wi Fi in the rooms, huge plus. Breakfast was good but only 1 waffle iron that had us in line for the first day. The breakfast attendant asked us about our schedule and had several waffles already pre made to get the girls started the following morning (see about great service). This was a great stay with no regrets. Will stay at in the future and recommend to others.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pjcruces
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here for three nights on business trip. Location is ideal being in the business district but the facility does need a facelift. The linen was clean but the kitchen cabinetry and the other furniture in the room needs to be updated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business