We stayed at this resort for a getaway weekend in July. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous! The rooms are ok, nothing special, but the grounds and service is impeccable! If you ask for any room views, make sure you ask to not be facing the main entrance, because all you see is the direct side of a mountain...close up!!
The legendary tequila toast at 5:30pm every day at Salud is a Must!! The views from their patio as you have some drinks and a snack, is breathtaking! One of their servers, Linh, was so professional and kind to us. You won't be disappointed if you have her!! We only ate at the Catalina BBQ restaurant and it was nice. Little more casual then the resort restaurants inside the hotel. That was more our style. But the reputation of restaurant Primo is renowned!! They use the most fresh and home grown ingredients you will find.
The pool scene was very nice as well. We didn't go into the main large pool really. Looked nice and spacious, though. We spent most of our time in the lazy river pool. They have intertubes and double intertubes to just float around the lazy river in. We took our drinks with us and just relaxed the day away. You can't go wrong there!!! Be prepared, resort priced drinks aren't cheap!! $5 domestics, $6 draughts, $6 import bottles. I stuck with the Newcastles for $6. This isn't really a place to BYOB so be ready to pay!! But its the price you pay for luxury I guess!
Overall, the stay was fantastic!! Room..ok. Service and ambience..priceless!!!
I have heard that parking cost at least $10 to park. That was my main concern but I parked in the selp parking garage and they have eliminated the cost to park apparently, because i didn't pay anything!!! So, i guess the tip of the day....FREE Parking!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson, Arizona merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa Arizona
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott